Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chattanooga, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Half of my travel is between Nashville and Birmingham (190 miles, no SC access planned along route) and half between Nashville and Atlanta (230+ miles). Trips to Birmingham would be no problem with an overnight charge, and there are some CHAdeMO stations on the way (Huntsville, AL and Lewisburg, TN) that would make a there-and-back trip reasonable.

Trips to Atlanta would be a bit of a stretch without an intermediate charge, although again there are numerous CHAdeMO stations along the route. The SC station in Chattanooga is pretty ideal for a mid-trip charge.

Hey Doug! I drove over there a few days ago. It's just 4 miles from my house. I spoke with the guy in the parking booth who pointed out the yellow lines on the pavement where the power company had marked the transmission lines. So far that is the extent of the activity. I called the airport management and the lady I spoke with indicated "...everything is still on schedule for mid-August as far as I know."

Hey Doug! I drove over there a few days ago. It's just 4 miles from my house. I spoke with the guy in the parking booth who pointed out the yellow lines on the pavement where the power company had marked the transmission lines. So far that is the extent of the activity. I called the airport management and the lady I spoke with indicated "...everything is still on schedule for mid-August as far as I know."

Got an update as well today. Tesla is still waiting on the permit. Like others have said, they're still aiming for 8/15 though because its in the contract.

Hey Chip! Thanks for the update.

Just heard that construction should begin on Thursday!

IT HAS!!! Just came from there.
20140731_105834.jpg
20140731_105433.jpg
This is the crew from the Pittsburgh area who have begun the install. They tell me they will have their portion done around the 15th but they do not know when Tesla will implement final commissioning. Really nice guys! They had not see a "real" Tesla before so I took the time to give them the tour.

Thanks to Chipper for the pictures. Also below are some Google Maps images so you know where the location is in relation to the airport. Please see the red highlighted area on the satellite version. The airport address is 1001 Airport Rd Chattanooga, TN 37421 and this should get you close enough until its on the navigation.

Untitled.png

Untitled-2.png

I stopped by the Chattanooga Supercharger location yesterday evening and they've begun to dig the trenches. However the security guard thinks they may have hit a snag and I'm not sure if it will cause a delay or not. It appears that they have run into a large concrete slab underground which the security guard believes is protecting a sewer tank. Again not sure if this will cause delays or not. The concrete slab is next to the red dumpster in the 5th picture.

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG