Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chattanooga, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These shots were taken about an hour ago. No one was working today (back home to Pittsburgh for the weekend???) but they show the footings are all in, the conduit is all in, and the Tesla equipment is on site.
20140808_090445.jpg
20140808_090433.jpg
20140808_090320.jpg
20140808_090243.jpg

Chipper, thanks for the pictures. Have you been by there this week? I'm heading to HHI this weekend and was interested in the progress so far. Is the Chattanooga site useable but not officially open? If you have time for an update, it would be much appreciated.

Chipper, thanks for the pictures. Have you been by there this week? I'm heading to HHI this weekend and was interested in the progress so far. Is the Chattanooga site useable but not officially open? If you have time for an update, it would be much appreciated.
Was out there on Monday but no one was there. It is DEFINITELY NOT usable at this time. I am a few miles away and you would be welcome to use my 100 AMP HPWC. Just let me know and I will have it out for you.

Update and pictures on Friday/this weekend?
Just drove out there this morning. They are back at work and are now waiting on the inspector before they can pour the concrete. I asked about completion date. It will definitely NOT be tomorrow. Probably NOT next week either since they found an unmarked major conduit near the end charger stand. It will most likely need to be rerouted before they can pull wire, is what I was told.
20140814_100054[1].jpg
20140814_100017[1].jpg
20140814_095935[1].jpg
20140814_095918[1].jpg

Stopped by this morning and took them some breakfast. The pad for the SuperChargers is poured and cured in, but the curbing in front of the units is still awaiting concrete. They said they are finding it hard to find concrete in the area. The difficulty with the newly discovered conduiting has been resolved and will not affect further progress. They were pulling pilot lines through this morning and waiting for Tesla to provide the actual wiring. (I was surprised that wasn't already on site???)

Stopped by this morning and took them some breakfast. The pad for the SuperChargers is poured and cured in, but the curbing in front of the units is still awaiting concrete. They said they are finding it hard to find concrete in the area. The difficulty with the newly discovered conduiting has been resolved and will not affect further progress. They were pulling pilot lines through this morning and waiting for Tesla to provide the actual wiring. (I was surprised that wasn't already on site???)

Thanks for update! Nice thought bringing them breakfast.

Currently the completion date is 8/29. It appears that there was a delay due to EPB (local utility) but they're supposed to be on site today/tomorrow to figure out the transformer issues. The crew was working all weekend and even through yesterday's rain.

Currently the completion date is 8/29. It appears that there was a delay due to EPB (local utility) but they're supposed to be on site today/tomorrow to figure out the transformer issues. The crew was working all weekend and even through yesterday's rain.

Awesome news. Well, not about the working through the rain, but the site moving forward. I take trips up there on a monthly basis and it would be nice to be able to do a quick charge before returning home.