Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sevierville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will plug one of the original supercharger holes I've been suggesting they fill since the days when Knoxville got it's first supercharger.

Tennesseans will also have another Buc-ee’s to look forward to, which is set to open in Sevierville next year. It is set to break a world record of being the largest convenience store in the nation being over 74,000 square feet and hosting more than 120 fueling positions, EV Charging Stations and a car wash over 250 feet long.

from A look inside the first Buc-ee’s in Tennessee

and this one has pics at Exit 407 in Sevierville TN

buccees-sevierville.jpg

supercharge.info shows Buc-ees location on the map.

1669672993595.png

Last edited:
I’ve been watching for that new “Sevierville” Buc-eye’s. They said EV chargers way back, but are they going to be Tesla chargers? It’s not on the original agreement.

Oh, I see still summer of 2023 for opening. Well they’ve certainly made a lot of progress. Thanks for the update.

I’ve been watching for that new “Sevierville” Buc-eye’s. They said EV chargers way back, but are they going to be Tesla chargers? It’s not on the original agreement.

Oh, I see still summer of 2023 for opening. Well they’ve certainly made a lot of progress. Thanks for the update.
I guess we need to wait for a Tesla logo to show up on the construction site.

But I'm going to be sorely disappointed if that pad of chargers isn't NACS connectors + CCS and with a lovely Tesla branding on it. OK, honestly I don't care if it has CCS, just so long as it's NACS/Tesla I can let the extra connector slide.

Reactions: CarlS
I guess that could be the car wash, but all the articles talk about how huge the place is and I expect the car wash to dwarf the superchargers or whatever chargers they have.
I think it’s just really hard to tell at this point, but that shape doesn’t follow the Buc-ee’s charger installs I’ve see so far which have been long single row along a far edge of the parking lot.

That excavated “pad” is also quite close to the fuel pumps.

I guess we need to wait for a Tesla logo to show up on the construction site.

But I'm going to be sorely disappointed if that pad of chargers isn't NACS connectors + CCS and with a lovely Tesla branding on it. OK, honestly I don't care if it has CCS, just so long as it's NACS/Tesla I can let the extra connector slide.

Oh, you think that’s a pad for chargers in the construction photo? Hmmmm. Buc-ee’s often uses a single row of the pre-fab chargers placed out at the edge of the parking lot.

I guess that could be the car wash, but all the articles talk about how huge the place is and I expect the car wash to dwarf the superchargers or whatever chargers they have.

I think it’s just really hard to tell at this point, but that shape doesn’t follow the Buc-ee’s charger installs I’ve see so far which have been long single row along a far edge of the parking lot.

That excavated “pad” is also quite close to the fuel pumps.

Updated visual so is the pad a Car Wash or a Charging station pad?

1679697760323.png

Plenty of room to put the chargers elsewhere if that is the car wash.

Rear view looking towards the intersate

1679697982051.png

side view

1679698081557.png

I'll accept that answer, I guess it's been so long since I've bought gas I'd forgotten about the underground tank fill covers.

I'll keep watching for charger pads in another part of the lot then.

Buc-ees sites typically have the Supercharger stalls along the perimeter of the parking lot, farthest from the fuel island.

Kodak, TN

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Buc-ee’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-25W, US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: None

I-40

To: Asheville, NC - 92.7 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Asheville - S Tunnel Rd, NC - 100.4 miles

US-25W

From: Start (US-25/US-25E/US-70 Newport, TN) - 29.6 miles
To: End (US-25/US-25E North Corbin, KY) - 118.6 miles
Diversion: 6.6 miles

US-70

To: Asheville - S Tunnel Rd, NC - 93.4 miles
Diversion: 7.2 miles
To: Old Fort, NC - 117.5 miles

Splitter! On I-40, Kodak, TN will split 117.4 miles, 25.3 miles from Knoxville - Brookview Centre Way, TN, 92.7 miles to Asheville, NC.

Also on US-25W and US-70 which are concurrent here. So, why the different diversions? Because US-25W and US-70 travel in opposite directions and I had to put the marker somewhere other than the blob on Supercharge.info to get reasonable distances, and it wasn't perfect, and I couldn't be bothered to adjust it. :p

Another Buc-ee's