Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another Road Trip Report (yawn)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be taking my first trip in my new MS 100D this coming week-end. Going from Atlanta to Nashville. I'm assuming I'll need to change my charge setting from 80% to 100% for a trip like this. Map shows SCh stations in Chattanooga (TN), Manchester (TN) and Nashville (TN). My plan is to stop in Chattanooga for a charge, then not charge again until I get to Nashville. Map shows SCh station near Cool Springs Mall (at Tesla SC). Do SCh's allow 100% charge?? Anyone have experience at either of those SCh locations (easy to find/use)?? How long should it take to get 150 miles of charge on a 100D using a 120KW SCh?? Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

I'll be taking my first trip in my new MS 100D this coming week-end. Going from Atlanta to Nashville. I'm assuming I'll need to change my charge setting from 80% to 100% for a trip like this. Map shows SCh stations in Chattanooga (TN), Manchester (TN) and Nashville (TN). My plan is to stop in Chattanooga for a charge, then not charge again until I get to Nashville. Map shows SCh station near Cool Springs Mall (at Tesla SC). Do SCh's allow 100% charge?? Anyone have experience at either of those SCh locations (easy to find/use)?? How long should it take to get 150 miles of charge on a 100D using a 120KW SCh?? Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
You usually do not have to charge to 100%. In my experience it is almost never required. Remember, arriving at a supercharger at a lower state of charge speeds up the charging process. The built-in nav system does an excellent job of accommodating this. if you don't want to arrive at the net supercharger with less than 20% charge, just add a few more percentage points to the charge before departing.

I wonder did you not have enough range to go from Sagamore to East Greenwhich SCer on your way home?
I did actually - even though the car was charging really slowly at Sagamore, I had enough in reserve to get to Greenwich.

Map shows SCh station near Cool Springs Mall (at Tesla SC). Do SCh's allow 100% charge?? Anyone have experience at either of those SCh locations (easy to find/use)?? How long should it take to get 150 miles of charge on a 100D using a 120KW SCh?? Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
Warning - the supercharger at the Tesla store in Cool Springs is usually packed, and they often have a 40 minute limit. If you get desperate there are several other charging options in the vicinity, although they're slow and cost $.

It's a pretty long walk to the mall. There are several restaurants nearby though. The penalty part - I don't know, I've never charged there, I have free charging in my garage a mile away. 30 minutes - depends on several factors - temperature, how warmed up the car is, how many other cars are there, etc.