Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sevierville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big splitter for those going from London, KY to Asheville. Used to require either a big diversion at Knoxville or making a 200 mile leg with a significant mountain pass. This will pretty much cut that leg right in half.
Funny that I had just found out about this possible location and was talking to the spouse about your point just 5 minutes ago. I had this demo route in supercharge.info to show her.
EZTrGQz.jpg

Reactions: wilfred.gvl
Big splitter for those going from London, KY to Asheville. Used to require either a big diversion at Knoxville or making a 200 mile leg with a significant mountain pass. This will pretty much cut that leg right in half.
Was taking that drive from London to Asheville a couple summers ago. Went through Pigeon Forge to that SC (a nice place to take a break and some good restaurants!). Slower route, lots of tourists, but great views and some fun curves through the Smokies!

and yet in this case they put them up front near that fuel island, below is the picture from months ago, above is a post from someone saying it's very near the fuel island.

View attachment 945431
This way we can still experience the aroma of spilled fuel and walk past the oil staned concrete. Maybe having them here makes it more likely to get trash cans and window squeegee's though.

Reactions: plumazul
I was able to charge. I thought it was going to be free, but it did come through that I had to pay. It did not show up at my navigation. It showed up in the Tesla app on my phone, but when I said share with car, it never would go through.View attachment 951297
Same here. It acted like it was going to be free on screen and in the app, but when I was about half way back to downtown Knoxville the charge hit my card.

Yep. ICE town. But the chargers are working. I seem have have ticked off a few people by having the audacity to back in, but the traffic (vehicular and foot) is crazy.
Seriously, people get ticked off about backing in to park? I guess it must disrupt some of the traffic flow. In general it seems like these days half the ICE vehicles back in at parking lots in general.

Fortunately saw none of this at the Buc-ee’s in New Braunfels. The chargers were in front of gas pumps but there was quite a bit of space between the charger parking spots and the pumps.

I think it was just the grand opening crowd since they were having people park in the street behind the chargers. The lot wasn’t big enough to handle the crowds. Hopefully it dies down during normal operations.

The charger spots are kind of in a prime location, across from the main entrance, so I’m afraid it may be a continual problem. But hopefully it will improve enough when the new wears off.

I occasionally travel between Knoxville and Greeneville and this charger location in a great spot for that trip. So it’ll be interesting to see how it goes.