Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to have similar trading troubles as you described in your post. There is some good information in Brokerage and Trading Tools thread on this forum. Based on contributors comments there, I opened IB account and transferred most assets to that account. Now placing orders is easy.

Thanks, Auzie, might look into that later. For now, my new account enables trading but didn't insulate me from gains tax which the newest should do. I don't understand the delay in transfer for these two assets, though. Hoping timing will not be too critical ... :crying:

I just got a letter from my broker about the annual shareholders meeting on June 3rd. The letter didn't say how get in though. Does anyone know if you need to register somewhere to get a spot or can you just show up the day of and attend?

They didn't tell me anything about attending. They just gave me proxy info (which I haven't read yet), and said I could vote anytime before midnight the day before the meeting.

Yeah, I got the same email. Last year I got a paper form directly from Tesla that had info about how to vote online and also to register to attend annual meeting. Haven't logged-on via my brokerage account yet to see if it will redirect to another site that allows you to RSVP to the TSLA annual meeting. Has anyone else tried that?

I just got a letter from my broker about the annual shareholders meeting on June 3rd. The letter didn't say how get in though. Does anyone know if you need to register somewhere to get a spot or can you just show up the day of and attend?

You should be able to just show up and attend. Last year they didn't check for anything at the door, you could just walk in. Don't think it'll be any different this year.

So is everyone sitting this release out now? I think I might actually go in with some calls depending on where the price is next week. The question is will the market care? OTOH $200 is as fine a price as any, I just think there have been so many negative articles out when things seem to be going better than ever for Tesla the company that earnings or delivery news might surprise the market. That being said profits may not be great since they are going into growth mode and I can't be sure the market expects that either.

So is everyone sitting this release out now? I think I might actually go in with some calls depending on where the price is next week. The question is will the market care? OTOH $200 is as fine a price as any, I just think there have been so many negative articles out when things seem to be going better than ever for Tesla the company that earnings or delivery news might surprise the market. That being said profits may not be great since they are going into growth mode and I can't be sure the market expects that either.

I have all my positions placed, short term May 9th 200 calls; medium term Sept 220, 240s; and LEAPS. The LEAPS are a mixed bag, some 300s/350s in tough shape; others bought recently, 200s are a little green. The macroeconomics/profit taking have taken a toll on the momos despite some decent, if not good, ERs. So, I am currently in my 'analysis/paralysis' mode and unwilling/unable to use cash reserves to buy more options or stock. While I am hopeful for decent financials I am really looking for some great guidance/news with the ERcall to propel us forward. If guidance is just 'decent' I see us in the 175-200 range waiting for the gigafactory plan/partner finalization, ramp up in production, introduction of the X (and AWD S) and some type of really high reservation numbers from China.

I did the online vote but it asked me on the voting site if I was going to attend in person or not. I don't think it was an official sign up though.

Last edited:
Today's Nasdaq chart looks "different" somehow. Parabolic would be better but I'll take a straight line :biggrin:

image.jpg

OK guys I am suddenly super-bullish. I feel like we'll see $350 by late August. I expect the delivery report to be 7,100 vehicles and guidance to raised to 40,000 cars for the year. Don't worry, I'm not counting on it, but if it happens you heard it here first.

OK guys I am suddenly super-bullish. I feel like we'll see $350 by late August. I expect the delivery report to be 7,100 vehicles and guidance to raised to 40,000 cars for the year. Don't worry, I'm not counting on it, but if it happens you heard it here first.

Love your optimism. I will just be happy if we get to $350 by Jan 2015. I just don't see over 7,000 deliveries but feel that if TM uses ZEV credits to offset the 'battery protection' cost giving us decent financials and a GREAT guidance that we may hit your prediction.

Man, I think we have bought too much into the whole notion that positive posts cause stock declines...

The stock is having a good run this week. That is a positive thing that makes me glad.

Check out the nice bounce in the weekly chart:

may1.JPG