Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all of the support you guys from a few days ago, on my mistimed options play. Actually did make feel a lot better. I did go in with an exit strategy and held to it. My strategy was just wrong. I didn't quite understand why tsla went up the way it did on tuesday.

This shanghai thing is great. I'm psyched.

Maoing and Cankoo1, your insights into Tesla China are just awesome. Thank you!

Regarding the FTC opinion, I don't think it is going to make any difference. Ultimately, when Tesla becomes huge and there are barriers to purchasing a Tesla in certain states, the legislators in those states will capitulate. When that happens, Tesla will have already won the game.

I hate being right about the downwards macro movement. If this is how hard we're hit when there's no company-specific negative news, imagine how much it would hurt when there is company-specific negative news. Congrats to everyone who managed to hedge their bets in the current environment. I don't have an opinion as to whether it's too late to take a defensive stance or not, though.

Like most lottery tickets, 99.9% are losers...'L' for AlMc today. Luckily small amount invested.

I looked at all the good news reported this week and then promptly bought puts a few days ago. This is the exact opposite of what I'd normally do, but I was tired of hoping that the market would respond the way it should. Sold a bunch of them at ~$198 a few minutes ago, not for huge gains, mostly just recycling free cash. My June 270's are laughable at this point.

Well...short term options for today puts me even. My bet on April 215s that I bought yesterday were a 90% loss but I picked up some 200s near market low at and sold for 100% gain. These were both small positions so I am not losing the farm or planning on retirement tomorrow.
Also picked up some more May9 200s. Hoping for some good news macroecononically (or at least no more bad news there) and on the TM front.