Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how do you price a used Model S? Seriously.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You want SOLD LISTINGS. Not COMPLETED LISTINGS. completed listings include cars NOT sold. So you could have 300 model S listed at $200k that never sold but that doesn't represent their value whatsoever. That's like if you listing your house on the market for 3x it's market value. You can't appraise the value of your property by listing prices. You must look at the SOLD listings instead.

EBay's search tool is a little funky. Here are results for 2013 Tesla Model S, notice the results say 0 results found, however if you look at the listing they are marked sold. Could not get 2012 or 2014 results to come up.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_I...efLoc=99&_dcat=180045&Model%20Year=2013&rt=nc

I stopped by Tesla yesterday and requested a trade number. Red/Black/Red roof P+ with 17K now and 19K if I trade it in when the PD shows up. Mine is a bit different in that the camber has been fixed and it has coil springs with ride height set to air low. Coming from M5s, I was never happy with the air. Going back to Tesla's coils while still keeping the P+ dampers makes for a very nice solid feel without being too harsh. I've already chatted with Mr. Mees and assures me I will not be disappointed with the PD ride. The spring rate stays the same with the PD but the dampers have been revolved significantly.

I was going to use Tesla's number and add back the 6% FL sales tax I will save by trading it in to reach a wholesale number. Anything over that is gravy so stay tuned; there may be a nice red/black July 13 delivery P+ on the market soon for a very attractive price :)

You want SOLD LISTINGS. Not COMPLETED LISTINGS. completed listings include cars NOT sold. So you could have 300 model S listed at $200k that never sold but that doesn't represent their value whatsoever. That's like if you listing your house on the market for 3x it's market value. You can't appraise the value of your property by listing prices. You must look at the SOLD listings instead.

I like running it various ways. I think seeing unsolds can be informative also.

The true tell of value is probably even more granular than solds, really want just sold at auction excluding best offer sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Great tip, this helps. Their search is crazy. If your click the link I posted above, you'll get entirely different results depending on which device you're using. PC one result, android another...

IT friend tells me they had different teams build different interfaces, hence the shocking lack of uniformity. Seems an amateur mistake for such a big web co.