Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster in another TMC forum indicates that such email ads are sent to not only shareholders, but also to those who already own a Tesla car. My point was that Tesla is doing a form of advertising, and the implication could be that supply constraints are being alleviated. They wouldn't want me as a sales ambassador, if supply cannot meet demand for the foreseeable future.

Curt: They advertise for Tesla test-drives in Norway. The waiting list in Norway is 6 months. I was at one of their store today, really busy. I was there testdriving with three friends, none of them with real plans of buying the car. I also scheduled a new test-drive next saturday for some other friends.

Tesla does not do this cause they need costumers atm cause they are selling alot over here, but the reason is that EV are better than ICE. And their whole strategy is to first come with the roadster, then the Model S, so people can see that Tesla has the best EV. When people get the first EV experience with the Model S, they will think Tesla is the best car company for the future.
So when people wants to get an EV in a few years, they buy the GEN3, cause they think it is superior to the other ones. I think its brilliant.

Last edited:
is it just wishful thinking or does anyone else think that may be Photoshopped? seems unlikely, but take a look at the photo in larger format. kind of looks like the car has no left side, no roof, no windshield on the left side. where the roof and windshield should be, you see grass in the back ground. if that is real, that car has been nearly flattened on the left side.

I too am curious what the effect folks thing this will have on TSLA, assuming this is not a prank.

Agree 100%. But maybe a study to understand if it is possible to improve the battery pack from the point of view of safety could be done anyway IMO.

You and i might be more comfortable with the battery, but 3 fires in 1 month is going to be something serious we should consider.

1) will the NHTSA decide to do a formal investigation, which could ultimately be good but in the short term be bad?
2) will buyers shrug this fire off as just another report or will shorts try to go with the headline "3 fires in 1 month!".
3) will this be overshadowed by the recent events?

is it just wishful thinking or does anyone else think that may be Photoshopped? seems unlikely, but take a look at the photo in larger format. kind of looks like the car has no left side, no roof, no windshield on the left side. where the roof and windshield should be, you see grass in the back ground. if that is real, that car has been nearly flattened on the left side.

I too am curious what the effect folks thing this will have on TSLA, assuming this is not a prank.

Dear God please let this be a prank. The timing is just too brutal. The tweet itself also has an uncanny quality to it. No context, just a photo, and offhanded use of #tesla and #teslafire hashtags.

now that you mention it, I looked at it using the computer (used the phone before) and it looks like you may be correct. the LT side windshield pillar is missing and roof is missing... you can see the other side of the highway line where the roof windshield is supposed to be.

I agree with you, it absolutely looks photoshopped. There is no windshield and that side of the car and roof are completely missing.

now that you mention it, I looked at it using the computer (used the phone before) and it looks like you may be correct. the LT side windshield pillar is missing and roof is missing... you can see the other side of the highway line where the roof windshield is supposed to be.

If it was an accident and the battery pack caught fire because of the crashing it would be good. No responsability of the battery pack.

I don't think so. I believe it looks that way because the windshield is gone and the smoke has filled the cabin. Where would they have gotten the mangled front to blend in?

We should be more concerned about the fire then the ER.

Edit. pics found.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements

DaveT, Curt, Sleepy or Cap Oppotuniust: Another fire :cursing:....what do you see happening tomorrow with TSLA?

It all depends on the info that comes out between now and market open. It seems like there was an accident (because of debris) so that gives a possible cause. But we'll have to stay tuned. If no info comes out between now and market open and this story gets circulated, then it's possible to go under 145 (and who knows from there). But there's no video and the fire seemed small/contained with a possible accident, so this mitigates the effect and it's not the end of the world for TSLA. Hopefully Tesla will be on top of this and give an explanation tomorrow (or tonight) as early as possible.

Update: I just emailed communications and investor relations at Tesla giving them links to this fire.

Last edited:
It all depends on the info that comes out between now and market open. It seems like there was an accident (because of debris) so that gives a possible cause. But we'll have to stay tuned. If no info comes out between now and market open and this story gets circulated, then it's possible to go under 145 (and who knows from there). But there's no video and the fire seemed small/contained with a possible accident, so this mitigates the effect and it's not the end of the world for TSLA. Hopefully Tesla will be on top of this and give an explanation tomorrow (or tonight) as early as possible.

Well, I hope they don`t say anything until they have done a full investigation. But I hope they do it fast. This can get ugly. Still I am pretty sure noone has died in a model S. And I am still 100% sure its gonna be my next car, even if the car caught fire by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.