Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we're heading for another >10% gap-up in two weeks 😂

I can imagine there are some shorties holding on last week expecting a pull back, looking nasty for them

For those of us expecting 170 - 180... 🤪

I have 100x -p170/-c175 in play, thank goodness I wrote the puts on Friday, even while drunk! At this SP my Jan 2025 +c300's shitcalls come into play to roll up and out, which then frees-up my underwater 60x +c200's to be sold off the opportunity arises
Glad I did not get greedy & closed out my 180/210 BCS for 50% profit on Friday

I don't get the enthusiasm in the market. For FSD to work in China Tesla needs lots of Chinese driving data. They are not allowed to export to the US the data for analysis and processsing, and they are not allowed to export to China the AI-hardware to process the data. Those issues need to be tackled. How are Baidu's maps going to help speed up FSD roll-out in China?

Not meant to start a technical discussion, just wondering aloud why the market thinks Baidu's maps are worth a 10% SP rise.

I wonder if it's the market trying not to miss an NVDA like run so in some ways this is front running of Tesla's future earnings potential. That plus the fact TSLA is down so much with heavy short interest is likely creating a Hertz type squeeze.

Nothing the market does has to make sense though :)

I don't get the enthusiasm in the market. For FSD to work in China Tesla needs lots of Chinese driving data. They are not allowed to export the data to the US for analysis and processsing, and they are not allowed to export to China the AI-hardware to process the data. Those issues need to be tackled. How are Baidu's maps going to help speed up FSD roll-out in China?

Not meant to start a technical discussion, just wondering aloud why the market thinks Baidu's maps are worth a 10% SP rise.

Approval has already been obtained, supposedly:

1714391555316.png

I don't get the enthusiasm in the market. For FSD to work in China Tesla needs lots of Chinese driving data. They are not allowed to export the data to the US for analysis and processsing, and they are not allowed to export to China the AI-hardware to process the data. Those issues need to be tackled. How are Baidu's maps going to help speed up FSD roll-out in China?

I'm glad I'm not short the stock: no long puts and no short naked calls. Just short some calls on shares I bought at $240 and $290.
Looking for reasons and logic for market moves…. They will eventually emerge when bears find a level they are confident to hammer on.

Approval has already been obtained, supposedly:

View attachment 1042824

"Automatic driving services based on mapping and navigation provided by [...] Baidu". Doesn't make much sense to me, because that's not how FSD works.

I'm glad though I'm not short the stock: no long puts and no short naked calls. Just short some calls on shares I bought at $240 and $290.

"Automatic driving services based on mapping and navigation provided by [...] Baidu". Doesn't make much sense to me, because that's not how FSD works.

I'm glad though I'm not short the stock: no long puts and no short naked calls. Just short some calls on shares I bought at $240 and $290.

It’s my understanding that FSD does use mapping data extensively - and that many of its flubs arise from when that data is inaccurate, leading to poor decision making.

I agree the brief explanations we read (which are not official reports BTW) don't make sense.

The PM move has a squeezy feel to it, which could easily be reversed once large volume comes in (profit taking and the like).

That said, I'm not going to try and stand in front of this steamroller.

Back into rescue mode, yikes [not funny!]
Considering rolling to something like 19Jul$180 to catch 2Q P&D reaction.

A shocking combination of SP response to technicals and “news” in the past month, but with volatility comes opportunity (IV).

BTW, is pre-market trading entirely algos reacting to headlines, or are there Irish and other gnomes participating?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Max Plaid
That said, I'm not going to try and stand in front of this steamroller.
Please note current condition of steamroller in my avatar.

I’m jumping in front for sure. The only question is should I do it at the open or be rational and wait for Tuesday. The “why not both” meme just came to mind.