Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick SMCI daytrade 80Δ B/W, net $850 per contract in 30 mins, closed

secret sauce: book the gains when you see it

1714403605844.png

how: stock rose 100% but the CC only rose 80%, hence i net 20% of everything

Reactions: thenewguy1979
trying my luck .. 3 STO 195 PUTS for this Fri .. $8.80
Already made like $10 with these 3(on 3 trades since last Thurs), so assignment is OK. breakeven will be $176.5.
Guess we not going down to 195 this week.....

FOMO too strong.

If TSLA announce FSD licensing to BYD then 200 plus won't be out of the equation this week. The man is on a mission to get his $56 billions.

Those 6 ATM short calls represent only 600 shares, the 100 leaps a whopping 10.000 shares and the 30 puts another 3.000 shares. Aren't you up something like 200k today? I wouldn't mind that kind of hurt :p
Yeah around 300k.

The collapse down was twice the pain though. It’s proven by Daniel Kahneman in Thinking Fast and Slow that humans are so risk averse that a negative event has twice the psychological impact than a positive event. However in this thread we are trained like Spartans to survive to the negative events like a walk in the park.

Yeah around 300k.

The collapse down was twice the pain though. It’s proven by Daniel Kahneman in Thinking Fast and Slow that humans are so risk averse that a negative event has twice the psychological impact than a positive event. However in this thread we are trained like Spartans to survive to the negative events like a walk in the park.
Percentages don't help either. A 33% drop requires a 50% gain to cancel it out. A 50% drop requires doubling.

Nice to get an up-day and see my portfolio back in "retirement" range, but I still feel clueless on how to position myelf right now. I have a handful of -170CC for this week that I guess I will let get assigned, but the complicated one is Jun 16 +140C's that have a break-even point around $250.

Reactions: 2Pearls
Jeeze, just when you think it has had enough and is pulling back, off it goes again!

So obviously my 100x -c175's are in a mess, although I can free-roll to Sep -c220's using the Jan +x300's as long leg of the spread

I could also offload my +p150's & +c300's to essentially buy-back the situation...

Earlier BTC 100x -p170's sold Friday @$4.1 for 90% profits, was hoping to jump back in there, but no chance as of yet

This has to be short squeeze. Almost 200 now and a week ago we (WS) were looking at <$100 as somewhat likely.
I have done zero CCs a week leading into earnings. Have done zero CCs since. Share price was too low and didn't want to get caught up in this.
I had a bunch of 170-180P assigned just before earnings. Will sell CCs if we get another big move tomorrow or Wed. These are "wheel" shares/cash.

I folded earlier today (SP ~188) on my DITM CCs (155 and 165) by rolling them out to a combination of Jan and Dec 2025 at minimal debit/credit higher strikes. I suspect there will be a much better opportunity in the months to come but I don't have time right now to micromanage. Feels like Hertz all over again but also pretty different with the basic auto business struggling, who knows what to think short term. GLTA!

This has to be short squeeze. Almost 200 now and a week ago we (WS) were looking at <$100 as somewhat likely.
I have done zero CCs a week leading into earnings. Have done zero CCs since. Share price was too low and didn't want to get caught up in this.
I had a bunch of 170-180P assigned just before earnings. Will sell CCs if we get another big move tomorrow or Wed. These are "wheel" shares/cash.
Looks like you were the smartest one here