Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robotaxi? Really??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslas are still great cars. ONE problem is the designs are getting old, with nothing new on the horizon. THE BIGGEST ISSUE, THOUGH, BY FAR, IS MUSK HIMSELF. He is turning people off in droves. Especially young people. I know so many potential buyers who refuse to consider a Tesla simply because of Musk. He's totally forgotten who made him successful.
Frankly, barring a massive surprise, I don't see how Tesla can maintain an edge, or maintain sales for long. Even in California, Hyundai EV's outsell Tesla now.
Truly believe the death of Tesla is simply a matter of time now...as long as Musk keeps calling the shots. The Board must do something. He can't just fire them. It'll take some kahonas, but it's simply time to move on from Musk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bikeman and Ben W
I said Musk can't fire the board. Not the other way around. Of course the board can, and should, fire Musk. Before his behavior becomes even more erratic, impulsive, and well, Trumpian.
What's the plan? Keep trying to sell ancient (in car years) model S and Model X? Keep leaning on simply old (in car years, again) Model 3 and Model Y? Did anyone REALLY think the Cyberflop would be anything but a curiosity?
From what Musk himself has said, there is absolutely nothing on the horizon. Nothing fresh. Nothing new. Just more outrageous promises of full self driving that sound old and tired now.
Where is the leadership?
Where is the vision?
Musk's "vision" seems limited to his failed 55 BILLION dollar compensation package, and droning on and on about Full Self Driving and Robotaxi's.
Unfortunately, the new innovator in the EV world is Hyundai. They're certain to be my next purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben W
I said Musk can't fire the board. Not the other way around. Of course the board can, and should, fire Musk. Before his behavior becomes even more erratic, impulsive, and well, Trumpian.
What's the plan? Keep trying to sell ancient (in car years) model S and Model X? Keep leaning on simply old (in car years, again) Model 3 and Model Y? Did anyone REALLY think the Cyberflop would be anything but a curiosity?
From what Musk himself has said, there is absolutely nothing on the horizon. Nothing fresh. Nothing new. Just more outrageous promises of full self driving that sound old and tired now.
Where is the leadership?
Where is the vision?
Musk's "vision" seems limited to his failed 55 BILLION dollar compensation package, and droning on and on about Full Self Driving and Robotaxi's.
Unfortunately, the new innovator in the EV world is Hyundai. They're certain to be my next purchase.
Very sadly agreed with much of this. The refreshed Model 3 may be the brightest point in the current lineup; all the rest are in dire need of something new. (Cybertruck doesn’t count.)

Robotaxi as a concept is probably just as important as Elon thinks it is, but realistically it won’t be ready for 6-8 years. The company seems to be betting the farm on it being ready in 2-3 years. That is a catastrophic miscalculation.

If tomorrow I saw the headline “Tesla board fires Musk; rehires Tinucci as CEO”, that would make me very happy.

Reactions: Bikeman