Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how can we encourage tesla to give better audible alert of AP status: full, distance keeping, or off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something else, just to point out how much the current state is a mess:
This picture showing single pull vs double pull, well, guess what, this isn't there on my car. I have an M3 APv2 with HW3 and FSD beta the last branch. There is no such option.
So I think you get my point: having such variety and uncertainty across software versions and otherwise similar looking cars, just makes things worse and further adds the need for the car clearly telling you what mode you're actually in

Tesla has work to do (and I agree with the general sentiments in this thread), but starting to offer the single pull option is a good thing not a mistake. It's temporarily available to some of the fleet (not your car, nor mine) because that's just how software rollouts work for Tesla. They release incrementally and FSD Beta cars typically have older software for all the non-FSD stuff. Generally in safety critical systems you wouldn't want to ship it to all customers at once, anyway - you want a gradual rollout. Tesla gets this right.

Allegedly the single pull option mitigates the majority of the concerns shared in this thread by full disabling TACC, so a steering wheel disengagement turns off all driver assistance. I for one am happy to go from three operating modes down to two.

Turn Joe mode on then off. There's a bug where it gets reversed.

It's actually louder without Joe Mode IMO now.
Thank You!!!!

That worked! What an odd little bug. I've literally never touched the Joe Mode selector. Really strange that an update would decide that off was on. I hope the guy that wrote that code wasn't responsible for other on/off logic in the car.