Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

real time range WOW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX and CT are both much more sensitive to speed than other Teslas due to their large size/frontal area. The aerodynamic penalty for going fast is much larger on those vehicles. Anyone getting anywhere close to rated range in an MX or CT is driving slowly. My lifetime average in my MXP (25k miles) is 346Wh/mi. I drive about 30% city and 70% 74mph freeway. During the part of my drives that are in the city my consumption is perfectly fine. But as soon as I hit the freeway portion my consumption rockets above rated. I have had my alignment checked and it is within spec. Perhaps they could adjust toe to be on the outside of spec to decrease rolling resistance a little more but Idk how much it would help. Also I do have sticky summer tires (Pilot Latitude Sport IIRC) which is another hit. But like I said, watching my own driving around, speed is the definitive factor.

My wife has an MS and I can stay pretty close to rated even into the low-mid 70's for speeds.

MX and CT are both much more sensitive to speed than other Teslas due to their large size/frontal area. The aerodynamic penalty for going fast is much larger on those vehicles. Anyone getting anywhere close to rated range in an MX or CT is driving slowly. My lifetime average in my MXP (25k miles) is 346Wh/mi. I drive about 30% city and 70% 74mph freeway. During the part of my drives that are in the city my consumption is perfectly fine. But as soon as I hit the freeway portion my consumption rockets above rated. I have had my alignment checked and it is within spec. Perhaps they could adjust toe to be on the outside of spec to decrease rolling resistance a little more but Idk how much it would help. Also I do have sticky summer tires (Pilot Latitude Sport IIRC) which is another hit. But like I said, watching my own driving around, speed is the definitive factor.

My wife has an MS and I can stay pretty close to rated even into the low-mid 70's for speeds.

I fixed this for you.

Anyone getting anywhere close to rated range in an MX or CT is driving too slow.