Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off topic rant: you can use the 'volume up' button as the shutter button on an iPhone, but when you do, any PC will turn the photo upside down. Annoying, as the phone is clearly the right way up, based on the button.

use your thumb to press the button while it is on the bottom left. It puts the lens on top so things are right side up.

- - - Updated - - -

New to the site and have been reading for a month or so, starting to see em all over and they're multiplying!! I now will have to make this detour to starbucks every morning!

I guess they pay the baristas more where you live.

The new Santana row opened tonight. They lined the streets with Teslas! I didn't get a great pic because it was dark, but it was an awesome sight.

View attachment 19537

Tdigtitty, I took this picture when it was still somewhat light. Indeed, very nice to see so many Model Ses parked!

image.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a buddy in NJ now! Twins! lol. Mine is on the right. His is on the left (assuming a guy, could be totally wrong). I think his vin was #4145 and 2013 standard 85. I have the P85 though and also my windows are a bit darker because I have 3M Crystalline 40 tint. He's got PA tags. He's legally allowed to not have a front license plate. I'm not. LOL. No way I'm drilling into my nose cone... It's nice to see a Model S out here in the wild. It's not like CA, they are still very rare sights out here. Hopefully one day all these chargers will be taken up by Tesla's! We need 3 more... :)

pgarage.jpg

yea, I've seen that post and I've gone through the other threads here regarding front license plate. I'm just choosing not to put it on. I don't like the look of any of them lol. I doubt I'll get stopped for that around here.

i thought the same way until last Wednesday when I got pulled over and was given a ticket for it.

you WILL be caught, eventually. Is it worth the $100 to "get away with it" for however long?

I was driving so I couldn't take a pic, but I "thumbs up" the driver. He smiled. I think it was same car I saw like 2 months ago.
His car - Shiny Gray with PA tag, Model S.

That may have been me. Were you in a MS as well? If so it was someone else and there must be another gray MS around KoP, b/c I haven't seen any others around town to wave to. ;)

Plus my EZ-Pass wasn't working through the glass so the license plate is a handy EZ-Pass holder.
Mine doesn't work either. I'm getting red lights every time I go through. It's not the transponder, bc when I hold it outside the window it works fine. I have it mounted in the right place to the right of the rear view mirror. Just doesn't work through the Model S glass. I believe they are tying it to my account through the camera snapshot after I go through it snaps a pic of my rear license plate. There's no additional fee. Technically I guess I don't even need to have the EZPass thing in my car.

i thought the same way until last Wednesday when I got pulled over and was given a ticket for it.

you WILL be caught, eventually. Is it worth the $100 to "get away with it" for however long?

Dude you live in VA. They'll ticket you for looking at them wrong, lol. While they are on top of tinting around here, I don't think they'll notice a missing front license plate. PA cars are common around here and they don't need to have one so they probably don't look for it.

Mine doesn't work either. I'm getting red lights every time I go through. It's not the transponder, bc when I hold it outside the window it works fine. I have it mounted in the right place to the right of the rear view mirror. Just doesn't work through the Model S glass. I believe they are tying it to my account through the camera snapshot after I go through it snaps a pic of my rear license plate. There's no additional fee. Technically I guess I don't even need to have the EZPass thing in my car.

The plate camera wasn't working for me either, so I'd have to dispute a bunch of transactions each month (they default to the max possible...)