Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a new Model S with FSD today on a busy, 6 Lane St. FSD was Beta v 12.3.2.1. All was well with traffic, stop lights, etc until I decided to turn around and go back to the Tesla dealership. I gave the command return to Tesla and it made a U-turn and headed back. I didn’t notice any no U-turns sign, but that was not what I expected!

While I think it’s better than earlier version in terms of smooth lane changes etc, the stopping at stop sign is terrible. The hesitation is irritating. Also while I was on FSD today navigating to friend’s house at a point where it could have either gone straight or turned left on a small neighborhood road (I do not remember why route the navigation was saying) it hesitated, tried to go left and then straight and finally took a left turn jumping over the curb. I did not think it was possible for FSD to jump curb. Anybody had similar experience? I am not sure if I can trust FSD on narrow roads anymore which is exactly one of the things I need from FSD to do most since I am bad at turning on narrow roads.