Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One parked and another underway!

Mike
A2BCEDBB-B47D-46CE-A965-CA5669385F97.JPG

This isn't an "official" sighting, per se, because it's not a production car, but here's Beta 55 in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) on Rhode Island and 19th St. Must be an employee who lives there and had this test mule for the weekend. Interior was ripped apart, car was de-badged except for the rear silver strip. Still, I recognized it instantly and had to pull over and check it out!
photo.JPG
photo (1).JPG
photo (2).JPG

Perhaps not "random", but I went to the Dania Beach (South Florida) Tesla store today to try to exchange a gift (a friend bought me a Tesla shirt -- as if I needed another one! -- but it's two sizes too large) and a Founders Model S was in the back being readied for delivery! You can imagine my surprise, especially because it was basically my configuration, except with the white performance interior instead of the black. Apologies in advance for the quality -- I wasn't expecting to take any pics and only had my iPhone with me (which is pretty obvious from the reflections!). Anyway, here are the pics with some commentary:

IMG_0336.JPG

For those who were worried about the gray performance wheels with the Sig red, don't! It looked AMAZING in person.

IMG_0337.JPG

I know there are other pictures of this, but on the side light it is etched "Founders" -- wonder if it will say "Signature" here? Probably not, but you never know. When the car "shuts off" (or the key is punched twice), it lights up yellow, and I was told it will blink with the turn signal. Very cool!

IMG_0338.JPG

I have to confess I don't understand the obsession with VINs, but I know there are those who are really interested in this, so I tried to get a clear picture of the VIN. Looks like Founders 26 if I'm not mistaken.

IMG_0339.JPG

I think there has been a picture of this, but on the right side of the rear chrome strip it is etched "Founders". This is a close-up of the etching (with my daughter and me in a cameo in the reflection)....

IMG_0340.JPG

And this is a shot where you can sort of see it on the right side. Also, I completely forgot to take a picture of the rear spoiler, which can be seen at the top of this photo. For those who are wondering, I thought it looked great, and didn't stick out, even without any other carbon fiber on the exterior of the car.

A couple of other notes -- like the couple that posted on the official site, this car is missing a few things (rear seats, roof shade etc.) that are on a punch list to be added later. I also got a good look at the sticker, though totally forgot to take a picture of it (sorry!). The final price on this (before tax) is $110k because it's fully loaded with every possible option. Also, the carbon fiber has a "satin" finish (word of the Tesla rep). It looked great and felt really nice and smooth without causing any smudging when touched.

One last thing -- the tech I spoke with said he just got back from Fremont, and he couldn't believe how well the factory was humming -- he said that the Model S's were lined up and ready to go! He was very excited and thinks deliveries should basically be on time. Graham was busy signing up a new customer (I think it was 11,420 or thereabouts if that sounds right to those keeping track), but was also optimistic that we'd start seeing cars being delivered fairly soon.

There's a couple of FL people who were involved in the Tesla start-up phase who have Founders Roadsters and may be in line for Model S Founders; also one of our local club members (who's not on TMC!) was an investor since day one and they are getting a Founders series.

There's a couple of FL people who were involved in the Tesla start-up phase who have Founders Roadsters and may be in line for Model S Founders; also one of our local club members (who's not on TMC!) was an investor since day one and they are getting a Founders series.

Actually, a Founders Roaster (22? A red one) was in the shop also, though I was told it was two different Founders for the S and Roadster.

Did you happen to see if it had paint armor on it? Were the lines obvious?

I'm 99% sure that the sticker had paint armor on it, though I have no idea if it was on the car, although if it was done at the factory then I assume it would be on there already. I can tell you that the car was beyond shiny, to the point where the tires were so shiny my daughter asked why they were "wet". If that was at least in part due to the paint armor then sign me up! I can tell you I didn't notice any lines at all and looked at it a good long while, so it certainly blended in well with the Sig red.