Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the sticker glue mess with the paint? I see many yellow stickers on priuses, etc. that have expired. Wonder why people don't take them off...

They're tamper resistant to prevent theft, so the sticker comes apart when you peel it off. I'm guessing it makes enough of a mess that people just don't bother. My understanding is that the stickers can be removed fairly easily with proper technique, though. I think it involves using a heat gun. When the yellow sticker law expired, there were local body shops who offered to do it for free.

Does the sticker glue mess with the paint? I see many yellow stickers on priuses, etc. that have expired. Wonder why people don't take them off...
The same reason they don't bother to put them on straight. To most people cars are a utilitarian implement to get them from point A to point B. Especially out here when the carpool stickers were offered.

But to answer your original question, I used paint armor. I got scrap pieces from the guy who does my tinting, stuck the sticker to the paint armor, trimmed to the size of the sticker, and then applied the paint armor to the car. So when it's time the paint armor will come off leaving nice clean paint behind. It also allowed me to "float" the stickers for a bit to get them lined up as well as possible before squegee'ing them down.

Attachments

• HOV.JPG
    HOV.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 553
Last edited:
The white stickers come in a set of three. One on the right rear bumper, and one on each rear quarter, behind the rear wheel. Since the Roadster has almost nothing behind the rear wheels, I'd say that those are applied absolutely as well as they could be done. Nice job, Strider!

Spotted at the intersection of Hwy 84 and Newark Blvd in Newark this morning; sorry for the poor pics but, the white with perf wheels looked great!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346084323.231936.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346084366.926655.jpg

Caught a brief glimpse of the license plates at the rear and thought that they looked like 'real' plates with no MFG or DLR markings. So, I have a neighbor in Fremont who's driving a production S already! Or, it could be a Tesla employee heading for the factory...

Is it me, or is the driver wearing a red shirt, similar to the ones employees wear???

(Edit: Zoomed in with my photo editing program and it doesn't look like there is any more red on the shirt than the surrounding area)

Last edited:
Vin F00021 parked just now in Palo Alto.
I didn't know about the little "Founder" badging that were on these cars. one on each rocker panel, and one etched into the chrome on the rear hatch.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 6.JPG
photo 7.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Last edited: