Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 6.20.17 PM.png

I was able to configure at $80K, which is $66.5K after rebates. That's the most stripped down I could get. Basically an S 70D with wings.

View attachment 102037

I was able to configure at $80K, which is $66.5K after rebates. That's the most stripped down I could get. Basically an S 70D with wings.

I would only add 72 amp charging and AP to the 70D if I was ordering. Maaaybe premium sound, as I'm sure it's going to be great. Other options I couldn't justify financially, and if I could do it financially, I would take a base 90D instead anyway.

X looks great though, I almost wish I would have kept my reservation, as I would have loved the higher ride and ease of entry/exit, plus the 3rd row. But, I got a great deal on my inventory S, and the cdn dollar tanked so much after I bought, that pricing here has gone up about 20% since I bought, with another increase coming soon, which would have put an X70D about 20k more than what I paid for my S.

I would only add 72 amp charging and AP to the 70D if I was ordering. Maaaybe premium sound, as I'm sure it's going to be great. Other options I couldn't justify financially, and if I could do it financially, I would take a base 90D instead anyway.

X looks great though, I almost wish I would have kept my reservation, as I would have loved the higher ride and ease of entry/exit, plus the 3rd row. But, I got a great deal on my inventory S, and the cdn dollar tanked so much after I bought, that pricing here has gone up about 20% since I bought, with another increase coming soon, which would have put an X70D about 20k more than what I paid for my S.

Ha. That's the kicker. Charger 1000, AP 2500, sound 2500, third row 4000. That's 10K more. Plus 15K if you want the 90. The base price isn't terrible, but man it adds up quick.

Here's another question: can anyone picture a pair of skis and a snowboard sliding under the second row seats if you choose the 5 seat option? I know it wouldn't work with the 3rd row folded down, as they stick up too much. That would be a big bonus in my mind.

View attachment 102037

You know... not to start anything fishy in this thread (sorry in advance), But I wonder if the 0-60 times on the performance X is with, or without the 1-ft rollout, and if the other two standard X's are with or without the 1ft rollout. Hrmmm.... Because it may be that the P90D is ~4.2 0-60, and the Ludicrous is closer to like 3.5/3.6. I mostly mention this because I don't see the little * next to the numbers.

It's not only Tesla but many high end car companies do that too. You still can't buy the base model of the hot selling Mecan in the US at its second year. Porsche did the same when new Cayman and Cayenne was introduced years ago. You have to pay to be the first ones to enjoy it and many people did.

Make money from P90D, then use that money to make the 90D, then use that money to make the 70D.

Make money from Roadster, then use that money to make the S/X, then use that money to make the 3.

It's all the same. Except instead of Model X 70D buyers waiting an extra 9 months, Model 3 buyers will have been waiting over 10 years since the disclosure of Tesla's Secret Master Plan.

Anyone know if the $1000 referral rebate program is still going? And if so, can it somehow be applied to a model X?I know it's nickel and diming but others have been dissecting the "$5k" price difference between S and X and this seems like another $1k unaccounted for.

Pretty sure it's for the S only, says so in the link, but you can try:

Order with my referral link and receive $1,000 toward your Model S. http://ts.la/alex5584

Ha. That's the kicker. Charger 1000, AP 2500, sound 2500, third row 4000. That's 10K more. Plus 15K if you want the 90. The base price isn't terrible, but man it adds up quick.

Here's another question: can anyone picture a pair of skis and a snowboard sliding under the second row seats if you choose the 5 seat option? I know it wouldn't work with the 3rd row folded down, as they stick up too much. That would be a big bonus in my mind.

I highly doubt you can put skis under the 2nd row seats. The reason being is that the 3rd row seats sit on top of a hump that appears to house the motor and onboard AC charger. Even without the 3rd row seats, I would expect the hump to still be there. Therefore, I don't think it's possible to slide skis from the rear hatch and under the 2nd row.

Awesome. Although I'm starting to worry that we'll get to mine (78XX, 2/2014) before I get to see/drive one. First-world problems.

You and I are in the same boat, and very close in reservation number/times. I am counting on the fact that once we're invited, we'll be able to postpone as long as we'd like. The penalty, of course, would be that those who confirm before us (but reserved after us) will have an opportunity to leapfrog our delivery. I can stomach that.

The reservation agreement permits only one deferral, but I'm not sure how long Tesla will give before one must formally defer.

I asked about that and was told we can take as long as we want. No deferral issues.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors regarding your Model X reservation. There is no deadline before which you have to configure your Model X, but if you delay the order long enough, reservation holders behind you that place their order will be moved into production. You are absolutely correct – once you confirm your order you will be slotted into production accordingly.

Best,

Brendan Martin I Trade-in Manager I Inside Sales North America
45500 Fremont Blvd Fremont, CA 94538
W 650-798-0696 I E [email protected]

Make money from P90D, then use that money to make the 90D, then use that money to make the 70D.

Make money from Roadster, then use that money to make the S/X, then use that money to make the 3.

It's all the same. Except instead of Model X 70D buyers waiting an extra 9 months, Model 3 buyers will have been waiting over 10 years since the disclosure of Tesla's Secret Master Plan.

And then there are all those people who have been waiting for the Tesla PICKUP !! How long, oh, how long!

Hey, I signed up four years before I got my Model S... and that was three and a half years after I had put down $40,000. I can't feel your pain too well.

We saw the 2nd row seats move individually at the X Event.

My question is WHY doesn't Tesla Motors just put the Model S style bench seats in a FIVE seat bench version so they can FOLD? Since there is NO reason to climb behind the second row, why not have it like Model S?

I realize that the second row seats in Model X are more comfortable than Model S, but I bet a lot of buyers would love to trade some comfort for those old folding seats! For those who want extra cargo with all five seats occupied, then the existing five seat design does make sense.

This could actually be the case. I based my assumption by two things. One is the 5 seat configuration is "available mid-2016" according to the configuration page. That seems to indicate it's not just to yank the two 3rd row seats away but some new seats will be made. Another is the 7 seat configuration is a $4000 option. $4000 for two seats plus maybe a couple AC vents is unreasonably high. The 5 seat configuration could indeed have foldable slab seats on the second row.

You know... not to start anything fishy in this thread (sorry in advance), But I wonder if the 0-60 times on the performance X is with, or without the 1-ft rollout, and if the other two standard X's are with or without the 1ft rollout. Hrmmm.... Because it may be that the P90D is ~4.2 0-60, and the Ludicrous is closer to like 3.5/3.6. I mostly mention this because I don't see the little * next to the numbers.

The one foot roll out is explained at the bottom of the order page.