Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Who is ordering P100DL?

Who is ordering P100DL (either Model S or X)?

• Yup, definitely ordering one.

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Seriously considering

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • No, I will wait for the non-performance 100D instead

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • No, I will save my money for Model 3 Ludicrous

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • No, definitely not! Total waste of money

Votes: 64 25.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! Kind of curious, what's the goal/ purpose of this spreadsheet?

The use of the spreadsheets vary. However, the data on the spreadsheet allows you to make good estimates on various lengths of time (in days) for each step in the production of your model S. For instance, how long does it take to get from Fremont to the New England area?
What is the typical number of days for the car to be in production. Etc Etc... Also you can analyze the option and color choices that others made on your build...

The spreadsheets are organized by quarter and you should enter your data into the spreadsheet that reflects the quarter in which your car will be delivered. If you are ordering with a delivery date very far out into the future, then you should use the spreadsheet that is assigned to the next or future quarter.

There are tabs at the bottom which get you to the various sheets.

I hope this helps....

Sweet! When did you confirm? I confirmed on Wednesday and I'm still in the production queue...
Lets be honest, everyone wants a P100DL. It's just that many would rather send the kid to med school instead.
I get paying for undergrad. Can't parents just let their future rich doctor kids take some loans if they want to go to med school? I kid...

• Funny
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I'm happy every day because I'm driving my (practical) dream car and I love how Tesla continues to push the performance envelope at the top end. While improved greatly since debut, Tesla is still lagging behind on interior materials and details. If I could comfortably afford a P100D, I would rather buy/keep a fun midsize sedan (WRX maybe?) and put in a reservation for a Model 3 to get my Tesla fix. Then I would start looking into seriously crafted supercars like a Mercedes GT or Audi R8 or even better, a lower end/slightly used Aston Martin, Ferrari, or Lambo (Huracan is my not-so-practical dream car).

The use of the spreadsheets vary. However, the data on the spreadsheet allows you to make good estimates on various lengths of time (in days) for each step in the production of your model S. For instance, how long does it take to get from Fremont to the New England area?
What is the typical number of days for the car to be in production. Etc Etc... Also you can analyze the option and color choices that others made on your build...

The spreadsheets are organized by quarter and you should enter your data into the spreadsheet that reflects the quarter in which your car will be delivered. If you are ordering with a delivery date very far out into the future, then you should use the spreadsheet that is assigned to the next or future quarter.

There are tabs at the bottom which get you to the various sheets.

I hope this helps....
Thanks for explaining.

I think the link to this spreadsheet should be put in a more prominent area of the forum. Maybe in one of the sticky thread. I think not many people know about this spreadsheet.

Thanks for explaining.

I think the link to this spreadsheet should be put in a more prominent area of the forum. Maybe in one of the sticky thread. I think not many people know about this spreadsheet.

Agree with above. That spreadsheet gives us something to do while we wait. We can compare similarly ordered cars, geographic locations, specs, etc. to determine when we could potentially expect our cars to be produced, delivered, etc.

Reactions: ggnykk
^ I looked at RS7 as an alternative and couldn't see one at one dealer and was given a hard time about asking to drive an S8 plus. That was the beginning of the end in my consideration of the RS7. Great car but the Tesla is better.

I was pretty surprised during my quest as well. BMW only had a used 550 xdrive for me to drive. Mercedes had nothing around to fit what I was shopping for. I drove an A7 and liked it though not as much as the Model S obviously. I guess if you want more expensive cars than that you really need a car broker or something.

Definitely 100D for me..

I am 1.25 years into a 3 yr lease on an 85D. I am way over the 15k/yr average on the lease. Based on my discussions with my SA I am guesstimating my break even between lease overage and remaining payments to put me somewhere in the 2.5 yr timeframe. The 100D is likely to be the top end for non-P models at that point, with hopefully next gen sensors to boot.

Am looking forward to the extra range a 100D will have.

haha, arrogant Audi dealership.
There used to be a Porsche dealer down in Redondo Beach. I went with a friend of mine there once when he was looking to get a Boxster S. They were still fairly new at the time but I'll never forget the arrogance of the "salesmen" at that place. We asked if they had any to test drive and the guy literally laughed at us and said "No! If you're lucky you could buy one and drive it home in six months. But we do have some used 911s you can sit in and make 'Vroom' noises." My friend and I drove up in his 911 Cabriolet, so it wasn't like we were just random teenagers walking in off the street. Glad that place went out of business.

After I went to Audi I had like 4 different people following up with me. Two of them had minor variations of the title General Manager and acted like they were in charge.

I also filled out a link for an online internet price and was contacted without the quote. I kept telling these people I wanted the Internet quote and they wanted my phone number, wanted me to come in etc. The whole thing was ridiculous.

There used to be a Porsche dealer down in Redondo Beach. I went with a friend of mine there once when he was looking to get a Boxster S. They were still fairly new at the time but I'll never forget the arrogance of the "salesmen" at that place. We asked if they had any to test drive and the guy literally laughed at us and said "No! If you're lucky you could buy one and drive it home in six months. But we do have some used 911s you can sit in and make 'Vroom' noises." My friend and I drove up in his 911 Cabriolet, so it wasn't like we were just random teenagers walking in off the street. Glad that place went out of business.

Porsche is right next to Audi here and I've had a good experience. I was kind of expecting what you described because people often tell me I still look like a teenager. But I did ask to drive a Macan (and then a Cayenne with my wife on a later visit) and not a 911 so maybe that played into it. Mercedes was the one that did that to me when I asked to see an E65 AMG.

On a separate note, I think the inside of Porsche dealers are gorgeous. They really nailed the upscale feel, especially compared to the sterile warehouse white of Audi next door.

Definitely 100D for me..

I am 1.25 years into a 3 yr lease on an 85D. I am way over the 15k/yr average on the lease. Based on my discussions with my SA I am guesstimating my break even between lease overage and remaining payments to put me somewhere in the 2.5 yr timeframe. The 100D is likely to be the top end for non-P models at that point, with hopefully next gen sensors to boot.

Am looking forward to the extra range a 100D will have.
Pretty sure that the non-performance 100D will have AP 2.0 when it release.

that's an interesting story. I think most luxury car dealership always have arrogant salesman.

Reactions: GoTslaGo