Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

used p100ds now are dirt cheap. What's going on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My only worry is the pesky falcon wings for the X. A CPO failed on delivery! Rep claimed it was b/c of the sun+sensors??

That being said I'm interested in SCO1 (might make us take more road trips!) Q is the best way to find/buy them given TSLA's history of scrubbing it for new owners?
If you buy it from Tesla, they can remove sc01. If you buy it private party or dealer, they cannot.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Dec 2016 MS 75D that I've owned since 2017

The new Model 3 has way nicer seats, adaptive suspension, and it does 0-60 in under 3s. It will be better to drive as a performance car. No brainer at that price vs. a car that's almost a decade old
Your statement comes off as a Model 3 fanboi, especially when you start comparing a brand new Model 3 Performance in a conversation about used Model S's and why the P100D specifically is so affordable.

The Model S P100D was the $150k+ flagship that showcased ALL of an innovative car manufacturer's latest tech & advancements The other was penciled from the beginning to meet a price point as an entry-level vehicle who's only innovation was on what they could eliminate to reduce cost. They're not on the same playing field and offer two totally different user experiences.

If cheap is all you care about then yeah.. an old clapped-out Model 3 used will scratch that itch. If you want something that's still among the fastest vehicles made (bettered only by a couple of tenths by it's latest version) that put Tesla on the stage as being able to compete with the world's top competitors that still offers countless innovations that even the newest Model 3 doesn't have at a price point that it can't even come close to touching now used in what is still one of the world's best looking cars... there is only one: P100D.

What you get for the price tag today is unreal by any standard.

Your statement comes off as a Model 3 fanboi, especially when you start comparing a brand new Model 3 Performance in a conversation about used Model S's and why the P100D specifically is so affordable.

The Model S P100D was the $150k+ flagship that showcased ALL of an innovative car manufacturer's latest tech & advancements The other was penciled from the beginning to meet a price point as an entry-level vehicle who's only innovation was on what they could eliminate to reduce cost. They're not on the same playing field and offer two totally different user experiences.

If cheap is all you care about then yeah.. an old clapped-out Model 3 used will scratch that itch. If you want something that's still among the fastest vehicles made (bettered only by a couple of tenths by it's latest version) that put Tesla on the stage as being able to compete with the world's top competitors that still offers countless innovations that even the newest Model 3 doesn't have at a price point that it can't even come close to touching now used in what is still one of the world's best looking cars... there is only one: P100D.

What you get for the price tag today is unreal by any standard.

The P100D is going to be way more clapped out being almost 10 years old now. The new model 3 has plenty of superior and innovative features like adaptive damping, track mode, vented sport seats, rear passenger display, etc. Oh, and it comes with a warranty.

As far as driving experience goes, the new Model 3 performance is simply better. https://www.tesla.com/model3-performance

We have to be realistic with ourselves that these cars are getting old. A Tesla Model S is not a fine wine, it doesn't get better with age.

The P100D is going to be way more clapped out being almost 10 years old now. The new model 3 has plenty of superior and innovative features like adaptive damping, track mode, vented sport seats, rear passenger display, etc. Oh, and it comes with a warranty.

As far as driving experience goes, the new Model 3 performance is simply better. https://www.tesla.com/model3-performance

We have to be realistic with ourselves that these cars are getting old. A Tesla Model S is not a fine wine, it doesn't get better with age.
Yeah, I test drove the highland 3 and it is very good. Really nearly as good as my Plaid, just slower and smaller.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Yeah, I test drove the highland 3 and it is very good. Really nearly as good as my Plaid, just slower and smaller.

The new performance model is not going to be much slower than a P100D as it's also sub 3 seconds now. Obviously, it will be slower than a Plaid.

However, unlike a P100D, it has adaptive suspension and track mode, as well as things like full regen.

So your idea of value in a thread about inexpensive P100D's is the all-new entry-level Model 3 that's not only far more expensive than the car in question on this thread but will also lose half of it's value over the next 3 years and is 50% slower from 0-60. Got it.

You sure you don't own a Model 3? These types of posts I expect from Model 3 owners but a Model S owner? That's just... odd.

Reactions: brainhouston
I feel like it's analogous to comparing a new BMW M3 to an older M5... if you love the M5, aint no way you're settling for the M3, even if it's new

The M5 is way, way more unique. It has so many different parts than the regular 5 series and a specially tuned chassis.

The only thing a P100D does better than any other Model S is go fast in a straight line, which is why it's isn't worth very much.

The Model 3 highland is a superior car now with the performance variant. It's more luxurious since it's quieter, it's got better handling, it's got a rear display, new MCU, it even has basic safety features like blind spot cameras that the P100D will never have.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
The M5 is way, way more unique. It has so many different parts than the regular 5 series and a specially tuned chassis.

The only thing a P100D does better than any other Model S is go fast in a straight line, which is why it's isn't worth very much.

The Model 3 highland is a superior car now with the performance variant. It's more luxurious since it's quieter, it's got better handling, it's got a rear display, new MCU, it even has basic safety features like blind spot cameras that the P100D will never have.
So you don't own a P100D nor are you interested in buying one and are madly in love with the new Model 3. We get it. Why are you in this thread again?