Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a "Unicorn" P100D - Roast me or encourage me? Also have some questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure exactly what u mean but as long as u got 12v u can put car in tow mode, ie release parking brake
usually when u get errors that disable HV, ur 12v won't last long so remember to put in tow mode (chuck wheels first) n roll down at least a drivers window down an inch so u don't break the glass later...

Yes, this is what I meant... I didn't know the first thing about towing a Tesla. I'd imagine that a flatbed is also a necessity?

Thank you!

Yes, this is what I meant... I didn't know the first thing about towing a Tesla. I'd imagine that a flatbed is also a necessity?

Thank you!
Yes. flatbed is the generally recommended/preferred way. That's how my first 2016 MS90D was towed the time it had to be taken to service that way. In theory it would be possible by lifting front wheels and putting dolly under the rear wheels, but I'd be really uncomfortable about anyone towing mine that way.

Reactions: Fragger
I'd imagine that a flatbed is also a necessity?
I believe most companies are up to speed now on Teslas n will send the flatbed out

However i think there was some discussion somewhere about how u could theoretically free roll/spin AC induction motor since it doesn't have magnets
For Permanent Magnet motors i don't think u can do that..
But i doubt any towing company will take the risk of figuring this out so they just avoid it.

Reactions: Fragger
Yes. flatbed is the generally recommended/preferred way. That's how my first 2016 MS90D was towed the time it had to be taken to service that way. In theory it would be possible by lifting front wheels and putting dolly under the rear wheels, but I'd be really uncomfortable about anyone towing mine that way.

I believe most companies are up to speed now on Teslas n will send the flatbed out

However i think there was some discussion somewhere about how u could theoretically free roll/spin AC induction motor since it doesn't have magnets
For Permanent Magnet motors i don't think u can do that..
But i doubt any towing company will take the risk of figuring this out so they just avoid it.

Makes sense guys, appreciate the education!

Update @brainhouston, Tesla still hasn't done the transfer of ownership. Tried again with the dealer, he confirmed he has LTE, even got on his wifi, loaded Yahoo on the browser.

I started the additional of car on my end, he changed the name and, Bam! Same issue... Make sure you're connected to LTE or Wifi! Any ideas?

P. S. On a side notes... Looks like the car has the v12 FSD update waiting for download and install...

I’m sorry Fragger but your monthly question limit has been exceeded. Settle down and enjoy your car or just go buy a new accord hybrid and have no worries.

Au contraire, my friend! I got step closer to owning this bad boy today, so prepare for the question flooding and n00b blizzard to blitz this board! 😊

Update for my helpful friends following this thread:

1. After waiting 4 days with an email to Tesla about manual ownership transfer, and being told by support that they cannot do anything, but advise me to wait, one kind agent just magically made the whole thing go down live on the call and the car is in my Tesla account!

2. Like some helpful friends pointed me to here and other sources, the car does indeed show Free Unlimited Supercharging, FSD and such. So thank you all!

3. Payments are done, now to await the delivery of the car.

Thanks for everyone's support in this thread! Now to start worrying and look into things in this order:

1. Somehow get the DU inspected by Tesla for fluid leaks. Any tips on prompting for this and possibly under warranty?

2. Camber arms install? I think this is a serious issue with the older Ss, right? Any idea what kind of shops can do these jobs correctly? Seems like N2itive is the consensus pick for this?

3. Look into XCare warranty.

4. Look into how to get the chrome delete done. Somewhat considering those DIY kits to prioritize other expenses.

Thank you all!

Excellent post and point about the API as well! I really wish there was an easy way. Fair point about the $0.00 charge. I did the best I could to verify. Gonna see if the dealership can take it to a supercharger and see if it charges.

I also found a Tesla contact that says that they see the SC01 still on the car... So... This might be another good indication. Same for FSD.

Once again, really appreciate your post. Thanks.
Can you share how you found a contact to verify SC01 was still on the car? Did you just call into the service center?