Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How rare is my Unicorn MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EbS-P

Apr 21, 2022
NC
Hi All,

I don’t have any sense of how many Unicorns were produced. I have a December 2016 MX P100D
FUSC
FSD
Premium upgrade package
Premium sound package
Black Leather

Basically all that’s missing is the cold weather package, tow package and thankfully 22 inch wheels.

So is this car 1:9999
1:999
1:99

I have no clue.
Any input s appreciated.
EbSP

Hi All,

I don’t have any sense of how many Unicorns were produced. I have a December 2016 MX P100D
FUSC
FSD
Premium upgrade package
Premium sound package
Black Leather

Basically all that’s missing is the cold weather package, tow package and thankfully 22 inch wheels.

I have no clue.
Any input s appreciated.
EbSP
My 2017 P100D has all options including cold package and FSD and FUSC and ventilated seats and all upgrades and is a five seater. I just got the infotainment upgrade and the FSD computer installed.

I think there are a few unicorns out there still.

My 2017 P100D has all options including cold package and FSD and FUSC and ventilated seats and all upgrades and is a five seater. I just got the infotainment upgrade and the FSD computer installed.

I think there are a few unicorns out there still.
How few is really what I’m trying to understand. Sales figures I see are all over the place from 1000 to 10,000 for the months that would have come with FUSC. Then figure some percentage were P100 models. Again I have no clue. I’m guessing it somewhere between 15-30%. Then figure some percentage were totaled.

So I’m guessing somewhere between 350 and 2700. Probably closer to the lower value than the high value.

I’d like to see some verifiable sales numbers

A couple of years ago when I was searching in vain for the 2016.5 color combo that I was looking for, I found it depressing how few of the 2016.5 S's were made that fit what I was looking for:
specific color - maybe 15-20%
interior color (tan) - maybe 20-25%
specific battery size - ~30%
upgraded sound + cold weather + sunroof etc - maybe 25% of the non-P100D

Multiply those together and you get a very small percentage. Say, 0.25%.

I didn't have the actual percentages, but if you're interested in guesstimating you can check the old posts regarding delivery... there was a spreadsheet of what options people ordered, when they got it delivered, etc. Not exact science but gave a general idea.

So many cars go through auctions and get FUSC stripped that the numbers of unicorns are very small compared to the # of Teslas on the road. But still should be a few hundred to a couple thousand out there, I think.

Reactions: EbS-P
Hey if anyone is willing to part with their model X P100D that has FUSC+FSD (or even FUSC+EAP), please let me know. Looking for <100k miles, any color exterior, and preferably any interior other than cream. Otherwise everything else is flexible. Feel free to post it here or DM me with your asking price! For reference, I'm looking for something in the $38k to $48k range (depending on condition/mileage/packages, etc).

Hey if anyone is willing to part with their model X P100D that has FUSC+FSD (or even FUSC+EAP), please let me know. Looking for <100k miles, any color exterior, and preferably any interior other than cream. Otherwise everything else is flexible. Feel free to post it here or DM me with your asking price! For reference, I'm looking for something in the $38k to $48k range (depending on condition/mileage/packages, etc).

Look for dealer cars on autotrader and cargurus that had only one or two owners, and that didn't go to auction. Sometimes you need to click through to the actual dealer site to get the free car history report. You can get a remote inspection and get it shipped. A lot of dealers have no idea about FUSC or FSD.

Also, anyone buying a '16 has about to the end of the year before they will find it hard to get 3rd party insurance for the battery & motors. 100k miles or less if you want that.

Hi All,

FUSC
FSD
Premium upgrade package
Premium sound package
Black Leather

I have no clue.
Any input s appreciated.
EbSP
fwiw i have all those but with white interior AND cold weather and tow package . very happy with my unicorn.

Reactions: EbS-P