Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Help and advise (22 MS-P vs 24 MS-S)

Assuming same out-of-pocket now, which one is better value for the money?or depreciate less in 3 yrs

• 2022 MS Plaid, HW3, WITH FSD 10K miles, 80-84K USD (older headlights, though I don't drive at night)

• 2024 MS Standard, HW4, NO FSD but will subscribe (will buy in Nov/Dec 2023), 84K

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Choose one answer (see poll above)... What do you think?

Assuming same out-of-pocket now, which one is better value for the money? By how much do you think each of them will depreciate in 3 years if I add 30K miles to each by then?

Last edited:
FSD is essentially worthless on the used market (which should be a good indicator as to what it’s actually worth).

That said, the car that’s already depreciated for two years will nearly always win the depreciation war vs the brand new one. If that’s your primary motivator then the choice is really pretty clear.

Reactions: CTruck_BMW
FSD is essentially worthless on the used market (which should be a good indicator as to what it’s actually worth).

That said, the car that’s already depreciated for two years will nearly always win the depreciation war vs the brand new one. If that’s your primary motivator then the choice is really pretty clear.
I am more inclined towards the Plaid but I have a feeling that a MY24 would HW4 would also hold it's value somewhat really well too. If their estimated value drop in 3-years from now based on the current prices of each is the same, it just makes more sense to get the 2024 MS in that case. that is assuming we believe that both would be 50K USD in 3 years (??) assuming 35K miles on the 2024 MS and 40K miles on the 2022 plaid with FSD at that time (reasonable? or would the plaid worth more and MS worth slightly less then?). If FSD by then becomes truly fully functional which am sure it will, the plaid with FSD might worth more. I know all these are just speculations but am again an a Tesla newbie and looking for projections or suggestions from those who have been around Tesla for years.