Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't decide!! Used S vs new Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The S is awesome on it's own
My wife said it is indeed hard to get in and get out. The Y is more practical. The build quality is fairly similar to both. The Plaid makes more sense but the standard not too much and I guess it needs to be refreshed.

i have had a model 22 3 ,Y 22 and 2018 S. With FSD. I really likes the y and sometimes miss it. But I think the y needs a dashboard and the material quality difference was noticeable. I am now looking for a 2021 s. I like the after refresh design. moving forward I’ll stick with the s.

My wife has a model Y LR. I was waiting for the price to drop on a Model 3P, but in the meantime I test drove a 2023 Model S. The Model 3 and Y turn in better, have a firmer ride and brake pedal. The Model S has a smoother ride, is faster, but is harder to get in and out of.

I ended up purchasing a used 2020 Model S Performance from Tesla. You get an extra 10K or one year on the warranty. Definitely the right choice for me.

Make an appointment and test drive the Model S.

Yes, full Xpel Stealth wrap. Sadly, I've already damaged the wrap and took a rock to an unwrapped part. Sigh.
Life. Imagine that happening to your unwrapped, brand new Y.

Unwrapped part maybe can be PDR / paint touch up. And the wrap, although yours is stealth, just let it go until the wrap is so bad you have to re-do the entire body part.

Both of my front fenders at the peak of the wheel wells have tears. My hood looks like it went through a war zone. And my foot step in the rear is peeling (thanks kids). But those would all be worse without the PPF.