Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Pedestrian Warning Sound

Will You Be Removing the Pedestrian Warning Sound?

• Yes

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 54.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost hate to ask, as it tends to spur controversy.

Tesla recently added a pedestrian warning sound to all new production. This makes a noise to warn pedestrians of an approaching vehicle that otherwise would be silent.

The downside - no more whisper quiet when stopped.

It's apparently easy to disable it on the Model 3 (there are videos), as it is on other EVs (the Bolt required removing a single fuse).

What will you do when you get your Model 3?

What do you mean ‘make it not obnoxious’? I thought the sounds were prescribed. Need to find the regulations again. All new EVs will have it next September so should be interesting.

As I’ve said before, I think it’s overkill especially having the sound on at rest and on the highway. Going to ‘sound’ great in a traffic jam.

Reverse sound doesn't bother me. In fact I like it that it makes a sound as I pull off my driveway and warns anyone walking along the sidewalk as the camera view is partially blocked by surrounding bushes. After all the reverse is only, what, like 5 seconds? The forward sound is hardly audible from the inside.

Reactions: Haeffelin