Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint flaws on brand new March 2024 Model Y, Deep Blue Metallic color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't edit the post. Here's a picture of the door under panel
IMG_7835.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Leeclanual
What I figured… on another thread I referenced my daughters MY that she picked up last week. The first car was a freemont build and had paint issues but good otherwise (rejected)… second car was Austin build with perfect paint but broke down after leaving the delivery center (returned), third was freemont with good paint/panels. From what I’ve gathered reading online during those few days the Austin builds have better paint quality… but have other issues apparently
So quality is still a hit or miss after 10 years of making EVs for Tesla 😐
What happened to the Austin build?

So quality is still a hit or miss after 10 years of making EVs for Tesla 😐
What happened to the Austin build?
That may or may not be true but this post is about paint work that no body can see while either outside the car or inside that car. This isn’t really a quality issue.
+1. Your post is nonsense, the build quality including paint has improved dramatically over the past 10 years. There are plenty of cars with what you're calling inferior paint in out of the way places ever since factory paint was moved from dipping to robots decades ago. But keep whining...

^^^ Then don’t post things like “So quality is still a hit or miss after 10 years of making EVs for Tesla 😐” when it’s demonstrably false. And what you’re complaining about is a deliberate manufacturing choice, not a quality issue - “hit or miss” doesn’t apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucmndd
Are you the PR guy from Tesla or something? Why are you defending them like they put food on your table?

This is my first time owning an EV coming from an ICE car in the 50k-60k price range, which the MYP definitely prices at. And my old car 100% felt nicer and more premium all around. I knew beforehand there's always something about Tesla's fit and finish, but I still decided to give this tech a try and see how it actually feels like. I post here to share my experience, and to further confirm what people have been saying. Tesla paint is still not good as of 2024.

People like you are the worst, like Tesla fanboys, always defending whatever bs lord Elon Musk is giving out. I bet in the future when Musk decides to remove lumbar adjust on the driver side due to "no usage", you'll gladly accept it with copium doses up your nose, while deep down you know all of these are just cost-cutting measures, which already includes removal of radar, ultrasonic sensors and passenger lumbar.

And what's wrong with cost-cutting?

You've read some people complaining about Tesla paint, you assume that it is a problems. Go read the forums on other cars, you will find the same thing.

The fact is that probably well over 95% of Teslas are delivered to extremely happy owners.

I remember recently reading a post from a couple that they have gotten into the hobby and looking at fit and finish on all car lots. For one, they were measuring gaps. And their experience shows that ALL manufacturers have fit and finish issues, even Mercedes.

How many Teslas have you personally inspected the fit and finish on?

Are you the PR guy from Tesla or something? Why are you defending them like they put food on your table?

This is my first time owning an EV coming from an ICE car in the 50k-60k price range, which the MYP definitely prices at. And my old car 100% felt nicer and more premium all around. I knew beforehand there's always something about Tesla's fit and finish, but I still decided to give this tech a try and see how it actually feels like. I post here to share my experience, and to further confirm what people have been saying. Tesla paint is still not good as of 2024.

People like you are the worst, like Tesla fanboys, always defending whatever bs lord Elon Musk is giving out. I bet in the future when Musk decides to remove lumbar adjust on the driver side due to "no usage", you'll gladly accept it with copium doses up your nose, while deep down you know all of these are just cost-cutting measures, which already includes removal of radar, ultrasonic sensors and passenger lumbar.
Sounds like you bought the wrong car.

Plenty of companies out there will sell you a car with perfectly painted door jambs, which appears to be your priority. Go find one. 👍🏻

Reactions: Park2670