Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Loaner Cars! Sweet!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition, the accelerator pedal was also broken. When you step on it, the vehicle barely moved, ...

There's been a rash of accelerator pedal problems like that. It seems to be affecting almost every manufacturer. Many of my friends are starting to blame it on me. They claim their own pedals break after driving my car! Next thing you know they'll be thinking their mufflers have gone bad...

My Enterprise Malibu rental was AWESOME!! Smelled like an old shoe, the steering wheel was a quarter turn to the right when it was driving in a straight line, and the vibration at highway speeds was driving on a cobblestone road at 70 mph. Not to mention the redneck shuttle driver who was late and made another customer pick-up after me, turning a 2-mile trip into a wasted hour of political ramblings. (sigh) The bottom line is that these are $100K (or nearly) cars, and like most things in life that are expensive, there is a top-quality service element involved. My Porsche dealership last gave me a Panamera S Hybrid as a loaner, and a Boxster S with 150 miles on the clock before that, so I'm glad Elon recognized the need to step it up in this department.

Yaaaay! But I'm hoping that the number of loaner vehicles per service center varies based upon the number of vehicles serviced at that center per unit of time. So, the popular spots in CA would each have a fleet of vehicles to loan, while those of us on the east coast would hope to get the chance to be behind the wheel of the one or two loaners per service center.

I guess this was a creative way of getting rid of those P85s that "accidentally" got fabric headliners :)

If only they had offered to replace those cars - would've been a brilliant fix - but they're not. Instead, they're ripping off my windshield to replace my headliner and my lower dash. Hope everything fits and works again when they're all done! :eek:

but, YAAAAAAY about the loaner cars and pick up/drop off service!!!