Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just filled the wife's 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe and it's pressure was 30.

most != all :)

My concern is with the "Fill all car tires to 30 psi" statement that you find at all too many automotive service centres (including tire shops). You have to look at the vehicle placard to find the starting pressure. Same thing with the "Torque all car wheels to 70 ft.lbs." Model S is 125 ft.lb. (170 Nm).

Going out to dinner but here are the pics of my Tesla Delivery and first day.

Uploading now so all the pics won't be up for abuot 10 -15 minutes.

Microsoft SkyDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Web Apps.

Fantastic vehicle, El Supreme! I gotta say the Piano Black trim looks pretty mean. Absolutely love the green, makes me wish I had one just like it in my garage. Oh wait, I do...I think I will head down there and wash it/sit in it/obsessively check for the 4.2 update/maybe sleep in it, if not for the 10-degree temps outside!

First road trip in the 60k. Pebble Beach.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359062395.340047.jpg

Wow. I think that's one of the nicest shots I've seen that shows the blue's hue. Will we get some "first impressions" of your drive, too?

Cross post from 60 vs 85 thread but this thread may be a more appropriate place for it.

I had the day off today and decided to drive down to Monterey, Pebble Beach. I wasn't quite sure exactly how much extra driving I would do when I got there, so before I left I set to Max charge and it went from 188 rated to 197 (expecting 210?). Yes this is a 60k battery. I left San Jose and drove through Santa Cruz via Highway 17/1. There is a little bit of elevation gain on highway 17, so I took a snap shot of my 30 mile average. What goes up must come down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15129&d=1359079810.jpg

I arrived at Pebble Beach with 115 rated left and 156 projected. Total distance traveled was 85.5 miles using an average of 304 wh/mi. Although the weather wasn't the greatest, we still had a blast driving around 17 mile, taking in the sights.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15139&d=1359080603.jpg

I figured we had plenty of range to make it back to San Jose the same way we came, but instead decided to check out the Gilroy SC on the way back and see what type of charge rate I could get. And its free, so I couldn't pass that up! Got there with 67 rated/ 65 projected miles left (132 miles traveled). I averaged 306 wh/mi.

When I first started charging the display read 72mi/hr, 75amps, 309V. At the end it was reading 102mi/hr, 120amps, 341V. After 1 hour I left with 175 miles on a standard charge.

Before SC-

attachment.php?attachmentid=15138&d=1359080530.jpg

After SC-

attachment.php?attachmentid=15136&d=1359080470.jpg

Overall the car is flat out fun to drive. Always power when you need. I wasn't overly aggressive or too conservative. I punched it when it was appropriate and played it conservative during the downhill and traffic spots. The SCs are great. I can't wait to see more popping up across the country.