Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opportunity to buy a Model X P100D for $78k, is it a good price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
okay, so it appears it was too good to be true, this isnt the one that he is willing to sell. He is selling a 2016 Model X 90D, and that for $74k with 30k miles. Is that still a good deal? Here is the paper for it

No, in that case you’d be better off getting a new X 75D for not much more money. They have almost the same range and are actually a bit quicker off the mark since the power upgrade at the end of 2017.

Ok, so what, in your opinion, is a decent price for a late ‘16 or early ‘17 90D? > 5 seats, AP2 and PUP?

These are just my own personal rules of thumb.

Trade in on a MX75D spec'd that way was ~$58k. A MX90D would be about $62-65k. I'd consider trade in to be a good price - up to +$2000 margin (personally prefer no more than $500) After that, I consider between $2k-$5k to be a fair markup on trade. Anything more than $5k above trade in, I consider to be overpriced.

Reactions: copyhacker
It is AP1.0 - but for $78k, it is still worth it.

I'm not sure about it because since it is 2016 model, it doesn't have the ability to take an advantage of the fully autonomous driving features/ability. So that has to be taken into consideration re price value. To me the fully autonomous driving feature is a big big thing for me and deal breaker.

I'm not sure about it because since it is 2016 model, it doesn't have the ability to take an advantage of the fully autonomous driving features/ability. So that has to be taken into consideration re price value. To me the fully autonomous driving feature is a big big thing for me and deal breaker.

I would agree especially in 2018.

You guys are wrong. There was some X100D dated September/2016.

Again, look at this thread. It is 2016, not 2017.
VIN 21xxx, 9/2016, X100D.

Selling 2017 Model X P100D
A non-performance 100 kWh pack wasn’t even available until after I took delivery of my car. I remember specifically deciding to place an order when AP2 came out and hoping that 100 kWh would become available before my care was delivered. It wasn’t announced until after I got my car.