Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opportunity to buy a Model X P100D for $78k, is it a good price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a great deal. How do you know it doesn't have AP2?

Yeah, I don’t think there’s enough resolution in the photo to say for sure that’s AP1.

OP, AP2 has cameras in the B-pillars and in the little silver triangles on the fenders. Also, if the VIN is higher than about 25000 it’s AP2. Not sure of the exact cutoff number.

Reactions: Ludalicious
Well it’s definitely an AP1. As a former AP1 owner and current AP2 owner, it doesn’t really matter. But the other thing is, I don’t think that’s a P...

Someone else noted the lack of red calipers. That also doesn’t seem to be an active spoiler to me, which was standard then. Those retract in the Park position. Yes, you could make it go up manually; but with the suspension set on high, I’m going to go out on a limb and say he didn’t do raise the spoiler to stage a photo.

Reactions: P85_DA
I have a friend that loves his cars but gets bored of them pretty quick. He has a 2016 Model X P100D. It has about 27k miles. I believe it is fully loaded (three row seating, etc...).

He is going onto another car (actually 4). He offered for me to buy it at about $78k. Is this a good deal? Based on current trends, what would roughly be the depreciation over the next two years?

Thank you

Something does not add up though. The first 100's didn't come out/delivery until Feb '17. I ordered my car in Dec 16. They announced the 100 but I would have had to cancel my order, lose my deposit to get the 100. My Dec 16 order became a Feb built/Mar delivered 17. There were no 100's in 2016. First 100's were built in Feb '17. Last 90's were built in Mar/April because we would not cancel and reorder.

Last edited:
P100 was the only X100 available in 2016. I was able to change my order at the last second from a 90D to a 100D (non-P) the day after they were announced in late December 2016. Mine was delivered in March 2017.
Announced in Dec 2016, but the first one's were not made until 2017. If this is a 100, its got to be a 2017. Or if its a 2016, its a 90.
No matter, even a P90D at $78k is a good deal.

How do we not know if it’s a P100D or 100D? Should be straightforward.

Just push the Tesla T button at the top of the center screen and it will say. Or look at the badge on the back (unless they are weird and had them removed).