Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will the White House respond to our petition?

My guess is also never. The Whitehouse had several other pressing things to talk about, like Syria, fiscal cliff negotiations and that was before the whole healthcare.gov mess. The republicans will probably try to keep that fire burning all the way until the next election, even if it is working OK before then. The auto dealer monopoly issue is sadly quite small in comparison to some of the more important things going on these days like immigration reform.

If a Republican president gets voted in, that will keep the lid on the issue as well. If another democrat gets voted in, I suppose there is a chance.

If the auto dealers do anything stupid and/or get themselves put into the spotlight, perhaps that might trigger some movement.

Since all that was totally off-topic, I will now talk about TSLA :)

$142... from the low of $117 or so, that is half-way back up to $167 which I think the stock sat around for about 3 weeks in August/September. Could we say that TSLA is half-way back to a stable position?

Everyone who signed that petition should sign a new petition demanding that the White House respond formally to the first petition. Fair's fair. And it would be great if the 2nd petition could be 2x the size of the 1st.
I really should have started a betting pool on this one. Apparently most people actually expected a(n interesting) response from them on this topic before hell froze over. I, OTOH, did not.

New tracking site for White House Petitions

When will the White House respond to our petition?

I did expect a response to the petition within 30 days of it crossing the 100K mark, to the effect that they couldn't do anything. The best result was the publicity the petition generated. Getting more signatures is always a good thing, as it shows support. Signatures have been averaging between 50 and 100 per day since July 10th, but spiked to 257 yesterday, Dec 5th.

There is a new site to track open petitions waiting for replies: WHPetitions.info

I also thought they were obligated to *some* response for petitions reaching the threshold. Otherwise why would they have bothered to raise the threshold to 100k in the first place? Now what constitutes a response and the timeline for it aren't specified, but I thought the commitment was to have one. The responded to the 'Death Star' one, though there was less going on perhaps at that time.

I also thought they were obligated to *some* response for petitions reaching the threshold. Otherwise why would they have bothered to raise the threshold to 100k in the first place? Now what constitutes a response and the timeline for it aren't specified, but I thought the commitment was to have one. The responded to the 'Death Star' one, though there was less going on perhaps at that time.

i would guess ignoring it or shredding it is a response.

wait wait wait, so the White House can respond to this type of petition but not the more important one, the one the will move society forward and will help the earth? Come on man!

White House: Government can't force Jimmy Kimmel off air in response to petition - MSN TV News

They answered that because it's an easy, no-brainer answer. Most people and most groups of people, when faced with tasks of various degrees of difficulty, will often address the easiest and/or the most urgent first. The toughest tasks, or the ones that can wait a bit get done last.

They answered that because it's an easy, no-brainer answer. Most people and most groups of people, when faced with tasks of various degrees of difficulty, will often address the easiest and/or the most urgent first. The toughest tasks, or the ones that can wait a bit get done last.

haha, yeah, that's what I thought as well. But easiest is not necessarily the most important. The WH responds to a Hollywood/Media/tv show requests vs. a real world problem.....