Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this charger on a particular network? Free? I can't find any info about it, other than its location, on Recargo or Plugshare.

The charger is totally free. It's branded "juice bar". Some details are here Map Directions | The Charles Hotel, Cambridge, MA (look towards the middle). You do, however, have to pay for parking at typical cambridge rates ($$), but I would rather have the car nicely in a covered garage than on the street in Cambridge.

That is correct. I don't care what the EPA says... I want to know how long I have before I'm f-d. For NE drivers, running the heat consumes a lot of energy, so I'm consistently getting less than the EPA. To get the EPA range, you would have to average 300 Wh/mile... and I don't see how I could make that happen given my current driving style and HVAC usage.
Yah, we think alike. I was just double-checking that we were talking about the same thing. :)

As I previously noted somewhere on TMC (heh), my average has been 411 Wh/mile since taking delivery. I know where you're coming from.

ADN - congrats on your delivery, in a snow storm nonetheless.

Got my Nema outlet installed today (actually its not connected to my panel yet..bu routed the whole length of my house) so I'm ready for my email Tesla!

Hope to see you on the road soon...

In terms of the actual experience of the car so far, the oddest thing is the reaction it gets from other people. People say some cars are "chick magnets"... well this car is a "middle-aged man magnet". Women don't notice it, but men literally run up to it and ask all sorts of questions. It also happens when driving. People will go by, then slow down and pull up next to us. People honk; flash lights; thumbs-up; etc. .

Since unfortunately I'm not going to be a Model S owner (waiting for GenIII) I'll try to remember to be on my best behavior when I see my first Model S in the wild. (besides the Natick store). I've actually wondered myself what I will do. Hopefully I will be on my best behavior. Congratulations on a great looking car!!

@Robert Boston

The Juice bar is designed by BMW. You can purchase the chargers for your parking garage or hotels, etc... but they want the charging to be free. Right now the juice bar does not come with a way to charge money. They have a module that will do that but really want the charging to be free to promote EV adoption. They say people stay shopping longer or doing whatever they are doing longer when they have free charging.

Got my EV plates this morning. They only had a few so mine was pro-rated expiring Apr (not Dec). Inspection sticker tomorrow.
All you guys taking deliver, I am sure Andrew informed you that the California Temporary Registration is not legal in MA. Better be cautious not to speed by too many Staties.

ShortArc,
how was the registry experience in worcester? i live in worcester so i'll be using that branch. are they going to have any EV plates left when i get there?

dennis

If you are going to the Registry in the next couple weeks you should be ok. They do not hand out many. No 'Dec' Plates left as I mentioned, so you would get another month with a pro-rated fee. They do not keep the plates up front, so make sure you don't get the run a round. Also when they enter the vehicle info, "zero cylinders" can only be entered into the system AFTER they check off "electric vehicle" Lastly, if I were you I would be there 15mins before opening unless you do not mind waiting. Cheers.

Last edited:
Delivery to...?

Awesome! Muzi Ford parking lot? :)
Old North Bridge, Concord?

Muzi Ford. The very name induces nausea, perhaps because my desist was just down the road as a kid.
Old North Bridge. Classic. Historic. Very local for me. Wow. Awesome. And even maybe illegal.
F1. Now that would be a blast for a first ride. Cold be brilliant. Or tragic
Ed and Todd tanks for the ideas. More welcome from all!

Muzi Ford. The very name induces nausea, perhaps because my desist was just down the road as a kid.
Old North Bridge. Classic. Historic. Very local for me. Wow. Awesome. And even maybe illegal.
F1. Now that would be a blast for a first ride. Cold be brilliant. Or tragic
Ed and Todd tanks for the ideas. More welcome from all!

Top of Mt Washington Auto Road- talk about regen on the way down :smile: