Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S was keyed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yo mama

Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2015
san jose, CA
MS got keyed tonight - like four feet across the left front panel and both driver's side doors. Obviously not happy but it's late and the service center isn't open. Is this something the Tesla SC fixes?

Last edited:
Oh no. Where was this? Very sad to hear.

No, Tesla SCs do not fix such damage. They'd refer you to a certified body shop.

Sorry again. There were a few such incidents in the early days in parts of Palo Alto and up in SF but, haven't heard anything like this recently.

Shasta Hanchett area of the Rose Garden. In my drive way. I may need to fire my dog.

So sorry that your car was vandalised yo mama

I'm sure your dog is sorry too

SorryDog.jpg

Please do not fire your dog

Get a BlackVue instead, it records disturbances around your parked car. Not sure if video of the assailant would be helpful though

Last edited:
blackvue would have captured the criminal. He's lucky he didn't do it in my driveway. I have two German shepherds and 1080P night vision cameras with auto alert for movement on the perimeter tied to a DVR. I wouldn't have shot him because it might hit the car and dogs wouldnt get to clean their teeth by chewing on him for alittle bit. It would have made a great video!

Last edited:
MS got keyed tonight - like four feet across the left front panel and both driver's side doors. Obviously not happy but it's late and the service center isn't open. Is this something the Tesla SC fixes?

So sorry to hear this. One of our cars once got keyed, in a Whole Foods parking lot of all places!

You don't have to bother with a Tesla Certified shop for something so cosmetic but find a high end body shop that works on high end cars and have experience with aluminum panels.

Ugh, heartbreaking. Sorry to hear this.

I got keyed the first week with the car, and it really upset me for awhile. Now I think I just feel sorry for anyone whose life is so unhappy that they have that impulse to cause damage to someone they don't even know.

I hope it's good as new in no time.