Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S Door Handles Stuck Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are several discussions here, you need to use the search function. First have a look here, if you find that the fuses are broken. But there might also be broken wire in between the door and the car. Tesla have had one door controller module per side (placed in front doors) on older cars but yours might already be with the gen.3 door handles so it should have separate module for rear doors.

Edit: And here is one about that broken wire situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, I found the fuses under the passenger side front and pulled a few to check them. It made the driver’s side handles, (front and rear) go into the door, but now they won’t come out. Window control from drivers side still not working either. Is there a drivers door module fuse? If so, where can I find a fuse diagram?
There are several discussions here, you need to use the search function. First have a look here, if you find that the fuses are broken. But there might also be broken wire in between the door and the car. Tesla have had one door controller module per side (placed in front doors) on older cars but yours might already be with the gen.3 door handles so it should have separate module for rear doors.

Edit: And here is one about that broken wire situation.

Upvote 0
This is the photo from that post I linked, Tesla uses body control modules so you need to find that corresponding fuse.

909A3519-556C-4387-AFA1-1B816965AE0D.png

Upvote 0