Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle beeping and not opening door (without using a string)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model S where the driver's door handle was working fine yesterday but this morning I got a notice from the app that the door was left open so I went and looked at the car and the driver rear door handle was out with the light on and the driver front handle was in.

After some experimenting, the driver's front door handle will present when the doors are unlocked but then goes back in. I put a string around it and if I pull on the string, the handle will pull out/in and the door will pop open. The handle also beeps sometimes. Sometimes a single beep and sometimes multiple.

Anyone had this happen and know of a fix? Link to a video below...

It seems to be that if you go into Software, Service on the Console Screen, there is a door recalibration feature. I have not used it. Hold the model description until the password screen comes up, about 5 seconds. The password is service.

Don't know if this will help.

It seems to be that if you go into Software, Service on the Console Screen, there is a door recalibration feature. I have not used it. Hold the model description until the password screen comes up, about 5 seconds. The password is service.

Don't know if this will help.
Thanks! I was able to get into the service menu and calibrate the door handle but now I'm getting different behavior. It doesn't beep anymore but the door will pop open by itself a couple seconds after I close it. Seems like the same issue documented here: Door opens itself after closing, door handle also wonky

Reactions: DerbyDave
Now today it was back to beeping for a couple minutes. I tried the calibration a couple more times and now its stuck in a state where its protruding about half an inch out. I don't hear any noises coming from the handle. I'll message service and see what they say.

Reactions: DerbyDave