Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Congratulations! Can you share any other details about the vehicle? Did TM indicate how the back seats fold down? Obviously you have a very captive audience here that is 'thirsty' for any details you feel comfortable sharing about the X.

Happy to share any details we have, but I've got nothin on that one. If it's still a question when we get ours I'll be sure to give you an answer then!

- - - Updated - - -

No kidding! Any news on the onboard charging capacity?

Same answer. :)

You haven't spoken to lawyers concerned about the SEC much, have you?
My point was that they can't tell relevant information to some people and not to others.

You'd be surprised, I guess, that we agree in general. Anyone who has followed the things that I've posted here in the past two years will confirm that I'm anything but an apologist. I strongly dislike this whole "Tesla time" thing that they have going and their very poor communications on all kinds of issues (go back and read the discussions about the next gen seats and the back and forth and back and over there about them. Dreadful.
All I said was that they are forced to be ultra careful how they communicate details about the ramp of Model X as that is information that a lot of people will consider as extremely sensitive and critical to the stock and therefore it has to be disclosed consistently and publicly. That's all I was pointing out.
Sorry if that rather simple and factual statement is driving you "nuts"

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 92751

A customer called and asked where they were in line and when to expect their delivery.

Tesla has made numerous public statements on deliveries with a range of 5K that includes the X. Answering a customer inquiry as to the timing of their delivery when the customer holds a reservation number depicting a place in line, and a delivery range has been publicly communicated numerous times can not be considered material NPI.

I believe a gave a very accurate and vague answer that would have satisfied 99 percent of customers and was in no way non public information.

I agree that if the CFO picked up the phone and said, "hey man there's no way in hell you are getting your car until late 2016 and we're actually lying to the general public, please don't tell anyone" that would be a material NPI statement.

What appears to be white leather is actually a synthetic alternative - if you want a fully vegan interior (i.e., no leather steering wheel), you can contact Tesla and request.
Thank you Bonnie for the details. It's been confusing when the website last night showed "White Leather Seats" and my email from Tesla says "White Leather Seats". The spec sheet last night showed "White Ultra Fabric Seats" and tonight's spec sheet shows "Ultra White Seats". While I am pleased for the truth, the Tesla staff needs this information as the two wonderful folks I chatted with today insisted it was going to be the same leather and color as my Signature Model S with a creamy white leather.

This makes the seat material choice a bit tricky, as I enjoy my leather seats in the Model S. More decisions to be made in the days ahead.

Thank you Bonnie for the details. It's been confusing when the website last night showed "White Leather Seats" and my email from Tesla says "White Leather Seats". The spec sheet last night showed "White Ultra Fabric Seats" and tonight's spec sheet shows "Ultra White Seats". While I am pleased for the truth, the Tesla staff needs this information as the two wonderful folks I chatted with today insisted it was going to be the same leather and color as my Signature Model S with a creamy white leather.

This makes the seat material choice a bit tricky, as I enjoy my leather seats in the Model S. More decisions to be made in the days ahead.

I had a tab open and it said "White Leather". Now it says "Ultra White Seats". If it's indeed a durable leatherette, I might consider it (which brings me back to the sig fold - sigh)

Many of the superchargers in Norway have large open spaces. I often arrive in the evening and night where there are none or very few cars charging. My suggestion is to park like the illustration shows and stay inside the car or close in case someone needs the space. Some sites also allow you to drive at the back side, for example in Aurland.

View attachment 92621

I just have to know what WTF stands for in Norwegian. :)

I had a tab open and it said "White Leather". Now it says "Ultra White Seats". If it's indeed a durable leatherette, I might consider it (which brings me back to the sig fold - sigh)

Just noticed the spec sheet I printed this morning clearly says White Leather. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla confirms with anyone who orders that just to make sure they know what they are getting.

Um, you don't think the website allowing customers to configure is public information? Oh, and they are configuring a car that has been referenced in a shareholder letter for the past 3 years. Oh, and in the last shareholder call they said would be launched in Q3 this year. Oh, and the CEO committed numerous times to having said website online in Aug?

The Tesla apologist drive me nuts. I love the product, I really appreciate the innovation, but they aren't perfect and customer communication is a VERY SIMPLE thing to do better. The fact that they do not appear to care is concerning for their long term success as they are about to attempt to gain customers outside of their early adopter comfort zone. I will vote my confidence with my money, but Tesla could do some very simple things to make that decision easier for me and many others.

They communicate better to customers than the Fortune100 company I work for. That's why I'm willing to give Tesla a break.

My bet is still that they are not disclosing a lot of toys. You may feel otherwise. We'll know what's what when they do the reveal.

I still stand by what I said earlier in that they have designed these pages very careful to not disclose any new features in the Model X to save that information for the reveal. I'd be beyond shocked if on the date of the reveal we find out that a modern SUV does not have 360 degree view.

But... who would be fooled by that approach? If they;re waiting until the DS reveal, now they;re going to wait until the rean' reveal (since this studio doesn't reveal much that was;t already widely known except a shot of the interior).

- - - Updated - - -

A few more images for the curious

View attachment 92625

That console has a finish that's not piano black...

Just noticed the spec sheet I printed this morning clearly says White Leather. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla confirms with anyone who orders that just to make sure they know what they are getting.

Ask your local sales manager to look up your customer record - they can tell you who is assigned to your order. And have them confirm either way. I was told it is a synthetic material.

"White Luxury Seats are finished in high quality synthetic leather that resists wear and staining."

Ask your local sales manager to look up your customer record - they can tell you who is assigned to your order. And have them confirm either way. I was told it is a synthetic material.

"White Luxury Seats are finished in high quality synthetic leather that resists wear and staining."
bonnie is always a fountain of excellent information...
do you happen to know whom to call to find out more about the 360° view?

Huh, just 61 pages to peruse. :wink: The first thing I did when I discovered the TMC was read thru 67 pages straight of model S vanity plates, which I thought was very interesting at the time. That was awhile ago. But NOW ... !!! anyway, I'll start reading & see you all later.. Any highlights you'd recommend ?

Huh, just 61 pages to peruse. :wink: The first thing I did when I discovered the TMC was read thru 67 pages straight of model S vanity plates, which I thought was very interesting at the time. That was awhile ago. But NOW ... !!! anyway, I'll start reading & see you all later.. Any highlights you'd recommend ?
The seat pics! The seat pics, amazing creativity in coming up with ideas on how the will move and fold away. Totally made my day. Well seeing the options really made my day. Very pleased. Fingers crossed Canada isn't too far behind getting some config invites.

Interesting. I'm glad they're offering an option for synthetic seating but they really need to get their stories straight or there are going to be some disappointed people.

The seat pics! The seat pics, amazing creativity in coming up with ideas on how the will move and fold away. Totally made my day. Well seeing the options really made my day. Very pleased. Fingers crossed Canada isn't too far behind getting some config invites.
2.5 years of waiting, of pent up emotion... I'm surprised we have only 600 posts and really only one topic with wild outlandish speculation :)