Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Gadgets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Mostly joking), it could use a forward facing camera to find the largest vehicle in front of you and lock onto that one...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1040&d=1288021263.jpg

1) 360 degree camera - not a must, but should be an option
2) cross-traffic warning, for reversing into traffic flow - useful, great option
3) built-in fridge - don't really care if this is available
4) Night Vision system - should be an option
5) proximity keys - standard
6) automated off-road control - on the Model S? no, I don't think so
7) satellite services (live traffic, streamed video, etc) - should at least be an option obviously
8) Parallel parking assist - should be an option for competitive reasons, but I don't think it is really that necessary
9) Rain-sensing wipers - standard
10) Lane departure warning - standard

How about...

comfortable seats.

We had to get rid of the Subaru due to some back issues and Subaru's extremely uncomfortable seats. We literally were down to our last possible brands when we found one that works for road trips (Mercedes Benz). The Volvos' were more comfy in some ways, but some dufus had decided that having an adjustable head rest angle wasn't 'safe', and so with it's elimination a few years ago, a back-happy shoulders over hips seating position became impossible. Every other manufacturer's seats weren't nearly as comfortable and just about all failed to allow for shoulders over hips.

(The Roadster's seats - like most one piece seats - work surprisingly well for that when external adjustment in the form of a pillow is introduced).

Sat nav? Meh. My phone w/ Google Maps and voice entry does better - I just want a video bluetooth profile so my phone can have a spot on the 17" display.

Rain sensing wipers are awful nice.
ACC seems like it absolutely should be there.

1) 360 degree camera - Cool, possibly useful. It depends on how good I can see out Model S.
2) cross-traffic warning, for reversing into traffic flow - See above.
3) built-in fridge - Might be nice but I don't drive enough to use one.
4) Night Vision system - Sure, depending on how it works.
5) proximity keys - Yes, please. It would be awesome if this came standard but I'd probably spend the money if it wasn't much to "upgrade".
6) automated off-road control - Huh?
7) satellite services (live traffic, streamed video, etc) - No thanks, I've already got a good GPS on my phone.
8) Parallel parking assist - I wouldn't use it, others might want it.
9) Rain-sensing wipers - Not worth paying for. Window covered in water? Hit the wiper switch.
10) Lane departure warning - I've heard these get annoying, don't really see a need for it.

How about...

comfortable seats.

We had to get rid of the Subaru due to some back issues and Subaru's extremely uncomfortable seats. We literally were down to our last possible brands when we found one that works for road trips (Mercedes Benz). The Volvos' were more comfy in some ways, but some dufus had decided that having an adjustable head rest angle wasn't 'safe', and so with it's elimination a few years ago, a back-happy shoulders over hips seating position became impossible. Every other manufacturer's seats weren't nearly as comfortable and just about all failed to allow for shoulders over hips.

Actually slightly leaning back is better for your back then shoulders over hips, which is actually a very unnatural seating position.

(Geek hat on.)
A little cluster on the roof with GPS antenna, sat radio antenna, and cameras pointing in all directions.
It would give you a "view from above" 360 degree when parallel parking so you can see exactly where the curbs and other cars are located.
But how about this wild feature - automatic Google streetview uploads. You could optionally chose to let them turn on street view mapping while you drive somewhere so they don't have to waste gas sending a street view car out to that street just to take pictures.
(Just a silly idea.)

One thing I like about driving a tall vehicle is being able to see over the cars in front and back while in traffic. Having roof cams to give you that view would be nice.
(If they can make it small enough.)
GPS_am_FM_TV_GSM_Shark_Fin_Car_Antenna.jpg

Yeah. It would interfere/conflict with the "roof of glass" panoramic moon-roof I like so much too.
Cellphone cams are so tiny these days though. Seems like you could put little cameras in the CHIMSEL, headlight housings, etc.

How does it get AM/FM reception then? ;-)

You need to read my previous continious rantings on the stock radio and inner dash antenna. There IS no AM, period. FM only works in selected areas and it can't be heard at speed. (1.5) I would have been happier without a radio rather than have them put one in the dash that simply mocks at every turn.

You need to read my previous continious rantings on the stock radio and inner dash antenna. There IS no AM, period. FM only works in selected areas and it can't be heard at speed. (1.5) I would have been happier without a radio rather than have them put one in the dash that simply mocks at every turn.

My late-2.0 has the 2.5 improved antenna, and I have no complaints about the reception. Works just fine.

My late-2.0 has the 2.5 improved antenna, and I have no complaints about the reception. Works just fine.
Reception in my 2.5 is horrible. I haven't tried AM but FM switches between Digital and Analog constantly... I get static... It acts like they forgot to plug in the antenna. So far I've been chalking it up to carbon fiber killing the signal but I can't imagine if it was worse in pre-2.5 cars.