Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious as to whether any of you will change your order/plans to order based on the recent Tesla chaos?
I was considering replacing my '21 MSP with either a new one or perhaps a new M3P for almost half the cost, and was just waiting to hear about experiences from people who take delivery of the M3P (because, somewhat annoyingly, you can't test drive new Tesla releases...) but especially with the news of the supercharger department being essentially eliminated, I'm now a bit wary.

Reactions: DBV1
Curious as to whether any of you will change your order/plans to order based on the recent Tesla chaos?
I'm not in the market, still love my Yoked 2022 USS MSLR. What would be a reason to change an order.
especially with the news of the supercharger department being essentially eliminated, I'm now a bit wary.
Why? The SC network is match by absolutely none. So what other EV make of vehicle is better now because of their charging g network, 🤔 none.

Why? The SC network is match by absolutely none. So what other EV make of vehicle is better now because of their charging g network, 🤔 none.
It will degrade. It’s fine for now, but what about a few years from now? The supercharging network was basically *the* reason to buy these cars over the competition

Because of this reason, most other EV manufacturers have decided that NACS is the way to go, which is great except that with 28 manufacturers confirmed adding NACS ports to their vehicles within the next year or so, the existing SC sites are going to see a dramatic increase in demand, and with it taking around a year or more to open (or expand) each SC site currently, there is absolutely no time to waste in growing the SC footprint before it is no longer a benefit, but a detriment. If Tesla is back-burnering the SC network, then some other NACS provider will need to step up.

Reactions: Seattle
No jk, if the entire supercharging team (a Tesla crown jewel) was laid off as the news claim, you can bet on that if this team ever existed. Ambient lights and front bumper cam are not what will save the demand for new teslas
yes but frankly with the supercharging network the way it is now - id still buy a new S with these changes...just waiting on it

Lot of, per norm, negative assumptions in this thread. Do we definitively know the entire SC line was fired? Do we know it was for reasons that would actually be detrimental to the existing or future SC network? No… but this place always seems to find a way to go to the worst possibilities.

p.s. It’s a delivery update thread, people. Plenty of other spots on this site for posts like the above…

Lot of, per norm, negative assumptions in this thread. Do we definitively know the entire SC line was fired? Do we know it was for reasons that would actually be detrimental to the existing or future SC network? No… but this place always seems to find a way to go to the worst possibilities.

p.s. It’s a delivery update thread, people. Plenty of other spots on this site for posts like the above…
Every news outlet is reporting it’s the entire team and even Musk didn’t deny it

Reactions: DBV1
And? Other than giving you and your homies fodder for negativity, this has what to do with delivery updates???

Every? I’d say about as many that were reporting on Bumper Cameras and Ambient Lighting as well…
It’s relevant because if supercharging is a reason you bought this car over another, you should get out while you can. I’m stuck. Others aren’t.

This report is far more credible than the cameras or lights. It’s being reported by actual mainstream outlets and multiple fired employees have corroborated the leaked email. The team is gone.

Reactions: Seattle and geminus
Musk stated that they are looking to slow down the expansion of new charging locations within the SC network and focus on expanding and updating their current infrastructure. Every major car manufacturer in the US has opted to switch to the NACS, which means the NACS network should slowly expand outside of Tesla's network. Other car manufactures and companies who want to make money off of EV's will start installing NACS in the coming years as well. I believe BP has already stated they are investing millions into buying Tesla SC's and putting their branding on them.

Musk stated that they are looking to slow down the expansion of new charging locations within the SC network and focus on expanding and updating their current infrastructure. Every major car manufacturer in the US has opted to switch to the NACS, which means the NACS network should slowly expand outside of Tesla's network. Other car manufactures and companies who want to make money off of EV's will start installing NACS in the coming years as well. I believe BP has already stated they are investing millions into buying Tesla SC's and putting their branding on them.
NACS isn’t what made the supercharger network better though. It was the rapid expansion and uptime. Both of which will likely degrade, and unlikely to improve with the competition.

Reactions: Seattle
Chaos? That’s a bit of an over statement no?

The company is going through a rough patch, just like literally every other auto maker right now.
The media and some of you are acting like this is a permanent thing, more likely than not this is temporary, they laid off the staff in the department they’re cutting back spending in. Doesn’t mean they won’t rehire the staff when things pick back up.

Chaos? That’s a bit of an over statement no?

The company is going through a rough patch, just like literally every other auto maker right now.
The media and some of you are acting like this is a permanent thing, more likely than not this is temporary, they laid off the staff in the department they’re cutting back spending in. Doesn’t mean they won’t rehire the staff when things pick back up.
They’ve lost more execs in the last month than the entirety of their existence and have eliminated their supercharging and new products teams. That is not comparable to what’s going on with the rest of the industry.

It's very relevant because while i wait for my car, i need to have something to discuss about.
Three years ago, this thread was effectively the "Model S orders waiting room", with people doing exactly this. Everyone would come here to share the latest information pertaining to the Model S they had ordered and were waiting on or were seriously considering ordering. I've come back to this thread as I'm considering my 6th Tesla... Just like then, there's a mix of people in there who don't want any information on the new Model S, they just want order dates and delivery dates, and everything else is noise to them.