Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took 5 months for you to get a vin?!
Yes. But I don’t understand their production process. There were almost no MSP VINs in Q1, then people in a variety of locations started gettin VINs randomly, even a few deliveries, but any logical process was hard to fathom. Hence my question: When it appears, I’m on the brink of a delivery, I leave Florida in 10 days until October so not sure what happens if I leave before a car appears physically. As things are speeding up, I guess I don’t/can’t take delivery and will start over minus the order fee.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Was told today, via an exchange in the app, EDDs may be shifting forward in the next few weeks as manufacturing stabilizes a bit. Was told I might have a VIN in mid to late May as a result. No concrete change to my EDD yet, but hope that pans out.

All prompted when they asked for yet another trade in eval even though my EDD is officially not until Jul-Aug and I responded with a “why?”…

Per above, EDD changed to May 13 - Jun17 today... No VIN yet.

Yes. But I don’t understand their production process. There were almost no MSP VINs in Q1, then people in a variety of locations started gettin VINs randomly, even a few deliveries, but any logical process was hard to fathom. Hence my question: When it appears, I’m on the brink of a delivery, I leave Florida in 10 days until October so not sure what happens if I leave before a car appears physically. As things are speeding up, I guess I don’t/can’t take delivery and will start over minus the order fee.
Why not have it delivered to wherever you'll be until October instead then?

Reactions: Yelobird
I was referring to this:

"For those wondering about the latest delivery timelines, I ordered an MSLR (Ultra Red, 19", Cream interior) on 4/17. Received VIN on 4/27, EDD of 5/8-5/17. So 4-5 weeks from ordering (I'm in MA)."

So mine is same car specs ordered on 4/17 with EDD of 5/5-12 in Pa.