Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well……as anticipated, Tesla dropped my trade value $2,800 over the 30 day period. 😡 I knew they were playing games. Funny that I get a VIN on the same day the previous trade est expired.
FWIW, I just cleaned mine up nice, took some good golden hour photos with my phone like it was a bringatrailer ad, and put it up on Facebook Marketplace. After about 10 days I had 2 buyers simultaneously come forward with full asking price, which was 6,500 more than my best trade in offer, which was from Carvana. I fielded maybe 2 dozen online inquiries, but only showed the car twice. Wasn't much work.

FWIW, I just cleaned mine up nice, took some good golden hour photos with my phone like it was a bringatrailer ad, and put it up on Facebook Marketplace. After about 10 days I had 2 buyers simultaneously come forward with full asking price, which was 6,500 more than my best trade in offer, which was from Carvana. I fielded maybe 2 dozen online inquiries, but only showed the car twice. Wasn't much work.

How did they pay for the car and protect you from fraud?

Reactions: TBrownTX
Hmmmm……maybe I should open a FB account. I don’t have any social media.
Craiglist can work, it did for me. I did open FB, but frankly auto trader was much quicker in getting offers.

Somewhere, there is a buyer who will pay a little extra for a well kept car, as opposed to whatever a dealer has laying around from a trade in. You just have to let that person find you!

I will say CarMax is insane. Carvana has been unresponsive. I’ll stick with what I have going with Tesla. Certainly not ideal but, yes, we do get the tax credit here in Vegas so the trade in is more around $103k. I bit less than what I might be able to get by selling it myself but the ease of transaction is worth it. I just sold my ‘22 Model 3 to my friend and she paid via wire transfer. That was super easy. Transactions are smooth when you have titles in hand. lol

Reactions: TBrownTX
How did they pay for the car and protect you from fraud?
The people lived about an hour away, and brought a check from their bank. They met me at my bank where my bankers validated and deposited the check before my bankers notarized the title over.

As with any transaction, using your intuition and people skills is always wise - getting to know them, they were both software engineers and had a personal story that made sense and hung together, as well as a genuine interest in the car and learning about it as first time Tesla owners. Meanwhile, we shared quite a number of messages back and forth, answering questions & preparing for the transfer. If your spidey sense is tingling, you obviously would back out. My spidey sense was tingling on some of the inquiries I received from others.

The people lived about an hour away, and brought a check from their bank. They met me at my bank where my bankers validated and deposited the check before my bankers notarized the title over.

As with any transaction, using your intuition and people skills is always wise - getting to know them, they were both software engineers and had a personal story that made sense and hung together, as well as a genuine interest in the car and learning about it as first time Tesla owners. Meanwhile, we shared quite a number of messages back and forth, answering questions & preparing for the transfer. If your spidey sense is tingling, you obviously would back out. My spidey sense was tingling on some of the inquiries I received from others.
My buyer brought cash to my bank...45 grand in hundreds...we did the paperwork in the lobby.

Ordered online in the wee hours of Sunday morning (like 12:30 AM), and one was available in stock 30 miles away. However, no set delivery date, and I can't make a final payment yet. Any idea of the holdup since it was already at the dealership? Is this normal? Anyway, here's the details:

Ordered: 5-12 (right after midnight), was listed as in stock nearby
Car: Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive, Stealth Grey Paint, black interior
Order type: Lease
VIN: 5-12, almost immediately after ordering (likely since the car is already at the dealership)
Trade-in: Yes, offer accepted
Complete tasks in app: Yup, insurance and everything else it let me input
Est. Delivery: May 15 - May 22 - Every day since Sunday it's moved up a day. For example, yesterday was "Est. Delivery: May 14 - May 21" and Monday it said Est. Delivery: May 13 - May 20
Delivered: I hope by the time you read this lol!

Delivery Date 5/10
Build date 4/22
MSLR, UR, 19, Cream, Yoke.

Almost flawless delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 1.29.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 1.29.47 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 8
After getting the VIN,
Is there a way track where is my exact vehicle ?

I see you already took delivery, Congrats! For the benefit of others who may still be waiting... when I was waiting for my last Tesla, I popped in a gallery and an SA was able to easily pull up the car for tracking purposes. At the time, mine was sitting in a Texas Rail yard. I went up to the Service Center the next day and sure enough it had made its way there.

Reactions: aerodyne
Do we think ambient lighting and front bumper camera was pushed out to Q3 deliveries? I have a hard time believing it’s just completely abandoned.
For it to be abandoned, Tesla would have had to be working on it. Is there any evidence that Tesla was working on it besides the completely made up claims backed by “trust me bro” sources?