Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great...except I know I'm not getting a 2022 model year MS Plaid. How do I know? Becuase I just got (another) VIN!!! If they don't take it away from me (again)!!!! VIN 5YJSA1E62MF... 😜 🤔 :cool: Est Delivery: 10/9/21 - 10/24/21...so mid-late Oct I guess...if that doesn't get pushed out to Nov.
Pretty safe bet that it was built (or at least VIN assigned) prior to 10/1. Did you text them for build date of that VIN?

Pretty safe bet that it was built (or at least VIN assigned) prior to 10/1. Did you text them for build date of that VIN?
Nope but it's an "M" and not "N" so I'm sure it was built in Sept and not the past few days in Oct. AFAIK, it could be that same vehicle they had for me with the 1st VIN and now, they completed production and the VIN changed. This VIN has the exact same "15 miles" on the odometer just like the previous VIN had (which is a bit interesting to note), so...or it's a completely different vehicle with a different VIN. Who knows? Doesn't matter I guess.

Update for those interested: My Trade-In estimate for my Model Y of $44,000 expired on Sep 30. Got a new estimate of $42,900 today after adding about 200 miles the past month. Still have a blank EDD since 9/18.

Vistan
Sadly, Tesla has a long history of screwing over people on late model trade ins.

What I've done is simply search available inventory at ev-tsla.com for your specific model. You'll likely find them at tens of thousands more than the trade in value. Print out the list and share with your adviser and hope for the best. If they persist, then you have to private party sell it on Cars.com, eBay, CarMax, Vroom, Carvana, etc.

In our case, it's a about a $30k spread on a ~7k mileage 2019 Model S Performance: now selling for low $100's/high $90's at Tesla.com. Tesla's trade-in offer is an amazing insult at ~$74k. (And, yes, it's our fourth or fifth MS with FSD; what a waste of sooo much money.)

Adding insult to injury: in our state (Texas) we DO get credit on sales taxes for traded-in cars. Thus, it's a great set up for double taxation because Tesla persists in raping its best customers.

Elon: please fix this. "Great products, terrible company" is becoming true at Tesla.

See:
www.ev-tsla.com

You must have really wanted to prove a point...
If you are in a position to, I believe you should. If not, the behavior will continue and the trend accelerate.

State Farm knew who was at fault yet they continued. I guess they play the odds that most will fold. In the end they paid their attorneys fees along with mine in addition to the damages.

I was raised with an obligation to all of you. Be it masks, vaxcenes or properly sharing created wealth in a company. The people that came before me made “this” possible and I owe those that come behind me to leave it better than I found it.

It’s just citizenship 101. I questioned the original poster’s approach to see if the result was her/his desired intent.

Say hi to JP for me (Omar). Took great care of us when he was at the Agoura center. Awesome guy. Now he runs the place in Camarillo, no? I've got that location set for our MY P, but need to change the Plaid there too as soon as I get VIN/contacted.

Talked to another SA, and she said you could not change delivery location once a VIN is assigned.

Horrible experience for my friends today. A mile away from the store the steering went out. And just about everything else.

One more turn and they would have been on the 101, crashed for certain. Both hands not enough to turn, passenger had to help.

They would not accept return of the car.

Can find very few failures of steering on MY or M3. Maybe bad steering sensor or ground cable.

Friends wife is scared and doess not want the car.

They got a 75D loaner...

If you are in a position to, I believe you should. If not, the behavior will continue and the trend accelerate.

State Farm knew who was at fault yet they continued. I guess they play the odds that most will fold. In the end they paid their attorneys fees along with mine in addition to the damages.

I was raised with an obligation to all of you. Be it masks, vaxcenes or properly sharing created wealth in a company. The people that came before me made “this” possible and I owe those that come behind me to leave it better than I found it.

It’s just citizenship 101. I questioned the original poster’s approach to see if the result was her/his desired intent.
A few months before we left Tucson, after 23 years, we were victims of road rage in a parking lot. Someone was trying to leave a parking spot at a fast food chain, and the drive-thru line overlapped that area, blocking them in momentarily. They beeped their horn at my wife, who was in line directly behind them, and demanded she move. She could not, because cars were in front of her and behind her. My wife simply shook her head "no", because she could not move.

The woman got out of her car, started yelling expletives and began kicking my wife's car, denting the driver's side door. I got out of the passenger side to deal with this. The woman had an "oh crap" moment, as she realized my wife was not alone. She ran back to her car, and was attempting to drive over the bushes to flee. I stood there, instructing my wife to move back and forth, to maintain blocking her in while I called the police.

When the police arrived, we had three witnesses and they cited her with what she did. I was asked if I would would like to have her arrested. She had an infant in the back seat, that was most likely her granddaughter, so I said no. I just wanted her to pay for the damages.

When we filed the insurance claim, the woman denied all responsibility. Her insurance company said they would not pay, since she technically was not in her vehicle when she damaged ours.

At this point we had to take her to court. The damage was $1200. To @lolachampcar's point, the hassle was not worth the $1200, but we took her to court anyhow. A state prosecutor went after her for damages and formal charges for her crimes. The woman hired an attorney, and used every stall tactic legally available.

We left Tucson for good and moved to New England.

It took several years before we finally had a court date. The woman was aware that we moved out of the area. Because of this, her attorney demanded my wife appear in court for testimony. They were banking on the hassle of traveling 3000 miles being too much of a burden. Without the ability to question the accuser, the prosecutor told us the case would be dropped.

The plane ticket and accommodations cost us $1300 and a few days of vacation time for my wife. She went anyhow. The woman was convicted and forced to pay $1200 in damages. Her lawyer claimed financial hardship and the judge ordered payments of $100 a month until it was paid. For the next year, those $100 checks felt good.

So yeah, when someone refuses to accept responsibility for something they did, I get a little triggered. 😎

Talked to another SA, and she said you could not change delivery location once a VIN is assigned.

Horrible experience for my friends today. A mile away from the store the steering went out. And just about everything else.

One more turn and they would have been on the 101, crashed for certain. Both hands not enough to turn, passenger had to help.

Can find very few failures of steering on MY or M3. Maybe bad steering sensor or ground cable.

They got a 75D loaner...

That’s scary. The steering rack of the M3 actually has two independent power cables - would assume something similar in the MS. Total sudden 12V system collapse is no good.

They got a 75D loaner...
Ugh. MS Plaid or LR? Any idea on production date? Geez. Scary sh!t. Sorry that happened to your friends but glad they're okay.

They got a 75D loaner...

Jesus Christ. Build quality reflects on safety too. Like when they used to ship out cars with missing bolts and *sugar*. Very scary. I purposely will be taking back roads when I get my car, just like last time, just to make sure everything looks/feels solid. Hopefully they can get it fixed and then just sell it.

On a separate note:

@omarsultan - wanted to follow up on your post about Tesla sandbagging range/specs. What's your theory here? I believed this prior to deliveries, but wh/mi seems to line up with a 100kwh pack to get the EPA range (which it seems most don't). Are you saying the packs are software locked to 100kWh?

While I’ve been waiting for my Tesla, I’ve gotten the car buying itch. I’ve always had this affliction since I was a teen, and I experience a flare up every two years.

I’ve been considering an Audi e-tron GT, an Audi RS6 Avant, a BMW 750, or a Mercedes S560. The Audis, like every other car, are in short supply. Like @Texas Electric stated, watching YouTube videos can be detrimental to the wallet and can cause sudden flare ups of the car buying itch. I’m trying hard not to scratch it before a MY or MS arrives. :oops:
I’m in the same boat, I’m working on a deal for a Etron gt now. Cool car terrible range.

Heads up for SoCal Plaid res holders.

I am at the new Tesla Store in Camarillo CA. Service is excellent...two hours with a DA on a new MY for a friend.

And, they have people you can talk to! SA showed me his secret inventory list, 7 red plaids available NOW!

One Is red cream walnut in Burbank...
Which cars have worse quality than EOQ cars?

EOQ rejects of course

I’m in the same boat, I’m working on a deal for a Etron gt now. Cool car terrible range.
Have patience, my local SFL TMC member. I've been waiting since 2/5/21 for my Tesla MS Plaid; just received my VIN today and likely taking delivery late Oct-early Nov. This will be my first Tesla and my 2nd EV. But again, this is not something you want to compromise on. Get what you really, really want and although the Audi E-Tron GT is beautiful with the phenomenal Audi sports car interior and lots of buttons & screens, you've hit the nail on the head regarding battery range...it stinks. In addition, it's quite expensive for what you're getting terms of lower performance & technology in comparison to the Tesla MS Plaid/LR.

I had a Jaguar I-Pace HSE as my first EV...really liked it and it drove well, looked great, and had a very similar interior as my Porsche Macan Turbo...but range was just fair at 250 mi. max...most I ever did in one day was about 170 mi. or so (driving to Miami & back) and I would always come home with at least 30-50 miles left on the battery; then plugged it right into my home charger in the garage. BUT, I did have some range anxiety occasionally and I often limited my trips to Miami and other areas in S FL specifically b/c I was unsure I could drive a little more; I think having a car with max battery range > 300 mi would be extremely beneficial here for anyone in South Florida that drives a bit. For me, the Tesla MS Plaid checks all the boxes while the Audi E-Tron GT/Porsche Taycan do not.

That’s scary. The steering rack of the M3 actually has two independent power cables - would assume something similar in the MS. Total sudden 12V system collapse is no good.

I plugged in the accessory voltmeter I keep in my MS, 13.8 on the 12V bus.

My guess is damaged speed sensor or loose ground on the steering rack.

I know very little about the M3 or MY.

I plugged in the accessory voltmeter I keep in my MS, 13.8 on the 12V bus.

My guess is damaged speed sensor or loose ground on the steering rack.

I know very little about the M3 or MY.

13.8V is typical float charge voltage for a lead-acid 12V system. Super weird failure mode. Agree that they should just take that car back and orchestrate a VIN swap, so I'm glad that actually appears to be happening. Assuming they want the original car back to the factory for a teardown :)