Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit of a conspiracy theory, don't you think?

Maybe. For how long did your "My Tesla" status say your car had been built? Were you given a shipping date and a delivery date? Were others? I don't recall reading here posts about vessel names, arrival dates etc. I've bought other brands on special build from the factory several times, and they always ship immediately the car is built - because they want the money! Tesla can't use a fleet of outdated spec Sigs in Australia. Demos are required to be latest spec, and they might eventually need one loaner per service centre. If any cars were built at all, it would make more sense to retro-fit the new items at the factory than ship a bunch of unneeded new cars to a small market to sit in a paddock somewhere. But I could be wrong of course - I often am. :)

I actually did ask if i could find out the name of the ship. Was told an emphatic "no". My car completed on 20/8 and went to "in transit" from the factory, for quite a while before changing to "being prepared for pickup and delivery" as noted in earlier posts here. It seems to me, that if these were found to be totally deceptive and that, in fact, none of these events occurred, then they would be wide open to a significant lawsuit, especially in the US. My car apparently went into production on the 5th August, and i will concede that 15 odd days to build seems an awfully long time, but i put that down to a new production line and an unusual colour (for current production).

Hi everyone

I've been lurking for almost two years, learning as much as I can about Tesla (the company as well as the car). I test drove the Model S in Melbourne last month and ordered a couple of days later. Confirmed last week and now have the "in the production queue" message on my dashboard.

Are there any other orders from Tasmania I wonder. . .

for the purposes of entering my details in the spreadsheet, I've ordered a fully loaded P85, MC Red, Black leather, White alcantara headlining, Performance seats, Pano roof, Carbon fibre trim, Matching yacht floor, Grey turbine 21" wheels.

Hi, I'm in Launceston.
Just wondering what was said about servicing and service centers because there's not one in Tasmania yet.

Hi, I'm in Launceston.
Just wondering what was said about servicing and service centers because there's not one in Tasmania yet.

Matthew in Melbourne was pretty noncommittal. Although, he did comment that Tesla had supported roadster owners all over the country by sending service staff out to far flung points if necessary. Perhaps someone could confirm or deny that. . .

As ixat suggested, we may well have to make an occasional trip to Melbourne.

Took a call from Linda Han at Tesla HQ today.

She was confirming details for my delivery (to WA). I was given the option to have my car delivered with no local service centre or to wait for a Perth service centre to eventuate. I took the first option. It was mentioned that I would now go into production in 'a couple of weeks' and should expect delivery in 'a couple of months'. It was also confirmed that delivery meant all the way to WA, either to my door or to a nearby depot. All temporary NSW/VIC registration and shipping/handling would be dealt with by Tesla (via an agent) and included in my contract cost.

She was confirming details for my delivery (to WA). I was given the option to have my car delivered with no local service centre or to wait for a Perth service centre to eventuate. I took the first option. It was mentioned that I would now go into production in 'a couple of weeks' and should expect delivery in 'a couple of months'. It was also confirmed that delivery meant all the way to WA, either to my door or to a nearby depot. All temporary NSW/VIC registration and shipping/handling would be dealt with by Tesla (via an agent) and included in my contract cost.

That sounds hopeful that they will in fact open a service centre here at some point? That is so exciting that you will be getting it soon(ish)! I hope I see it around so I can either come say hi or stare lovingly at it from a distance :p

I also got a call and took the option of delivery with no service centre. Hope to have the car before Christmas.

From my point of view (being in Tasmania) that's really exciting news. I can't see a service centre coming here in my lifetime

Have you (those not in SYD/MEL) thought about receiving the car in Sydney, driving it for a few days to check for issues before then asking for it to be "delivered" to your home. Not sure if this is constructive but it could avoid having to live with some of the early issues people find .. I guess we will see how detailed the Aussie team is.