Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Elon harming the future of Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful they will increase the price because of that. People still hate Elon. My friends and family won't buy Teslas because of him. They bought a bolt euv and a Mach e instead. I have a bolt euv rental now. I feel sorry for them. šŸ˜…

But really, how did lucid mess that up? They know what they are doing. The preproduction test cars hit the spec....
So stupid when someone says they wonā€™t buy a Tesla because of Elon.

If they use that for every company then they would not be buying much. Can say Lucid is mostly owned by the Saudiā€™s (horrible womanā€™s rights reputation), VW lied in dieselgate and was started by the Naziā€™s, I could go on and on. Just laughable when they say that about Elon.

Guessing pre Covid those same people loved Elon.

The used market for MS has seen a slight increase last month per Recurrent.

Small consolation after falling off a cliff last year.

I expect all things Tesla to be a bit more volatile, at least in today's news, we know a bit more about what makes Elon so erratic.šŸ’ŠšŸ˜‰

Get the S3XY Buttons! Paddle shifter style turn signals are a life saver. You can set up one button to toggle between D and R. Many options.
Got them a few days ago but just got my car back yesterday so need to install them. Will do that today. Thanks!

For all of our sakes, I hope that doesn't happen. He might be crazy but he's not dumb. Someone just needs to take his phone away.
That will never happen. He's incapable of doing that. If there is any truth to that Bloomberg article, this is concerning. Tesla has done amazing under his leadership but I'm not sure this can continue.

I second removing the phone. But it is unlikely. Whoever has the courage to do that won't have a job for long.

If only we could Clone Gwen Shotwell a few times and put they in charge of the Tesla, Solar, etc
Multiple reports of people trying to do that. One friend apparently locked his phone in a safe and he woke up hotel security at 3AM to get it back.
Telsa at this point has more risk that reward to keeping him. That CFO that left apparently was universally liked and might have been a good successor.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I hope so. They need an adult running the company.
Yet via a survey of EV potential buyers Most were not influenced negatively in fact more stated his direction of free speech Motivated them to Buy a Tesla. My opinion.ā€¦. If he said Nothing about progress (event speculated) many would be up in arms that they donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. Every person no matter What their monetary value has a right to free speech and opinion. Welcome to America! Nobody has to Agree with another individualā€™s views but they have every right to express them. Another reason most wouldnā€™t move to China, Korea, etc. Again, Just My Opinion!
IMG_0631.png

Yet via a survey of EV potential buyers Most were not influenced negatively in fact more stated his direction of free speech Motivated them to Buy a Tesla. My opinion.ā€¦. If he said Nothing about progress (event speculated) many would be up in arms that they donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. Every person no matter What their monetary value has a right to free speech and opinion. Welcome to America! Nobody has to Agree with another individualā€™s views but they have every right to express them. Another reason most wouldnā€™t move to China, Korea, etc. Again, Just My Opinion!View attachment 1006828
These days you can't trust a single survey, they are all gamed one way or another. Ultimate "survey" are the sales. If sales are going up, everything is fine, if they are going down, well...

Maybe I am old school, but companies and the leaders of the companies should stay away from politics and focus on making their customers happy.

As far as Elon, he is a talker, like Trump. Early on in his carrier he figured out that if you can align your business with the "higher" cause, you will be able to get more out of employees for the same money and customers will spread the word for you. And that's what he has done with every single business, opportunistically align himself with some "higher" cause. He likely does not believe any of that.

He has bunch of smart people that are working for his companies that keep his blunders from sinking the ship. But Elon is far from genius.

You can't trust the survey because people like me where I told friends, family, and co-workers that I'm never buying another Tesla because of Elon but here I am a few months later likely getting ready to order my third one.
I tend to keep my cars for 10 years or so and just got a new one a few weeks ago. But I'm sure the competition will be entirely different in 5-10 years from now so will see at that time. I have a hard time believing Elon will be stable enough to still be in charge of Tesla in 10 years though. Something will give at some point either at the board or shareholder level.

These days you can't trust a single survey, they are all gamed one way or another. Ultimate "survey" are the sales. If sales are going up, everything is fine, if they are going down, well...

Maybe I am old school, but companies and the leaders of the companies should stay away from politics and focus on making their customers happy.

As far as Elon, he is a talker, like Trump. Early on in his carrier he figured out that if you can align your business with the "higher" cause, you will be able to get more out of employees for the same money and customers will spread the word for you. And that's what he has done with every single business, opportunistically align himself with some "higher" cause. He likely does not believe any of that.

He has bunch of smart people that are working for his companies that keep his blunders from sinking the ship. But Elon is far from genius.
So if you own a company you have no rights to free speech or views on any topic? Doesnā€™t sound like the American dream. To say heā€™s not a genius highlights your bias in my opinion. He appointed those ā€œsmart peopleā€ in his companies to drive them (and the company) to unimaginable accomplishment. Maybe over optimistic for sure but without extremely high expectations most would just float by with ā€œgood enoughā€ see all other auto OEMā€™s for an example. We have a ā€œPlanā€ is far from a target. Furthermore, even you might agree IF a survey was bias, the negative is often the outspoken voice. See ā€œforum surveysā€ for example.

So if you own a company you have no rights to free speech or views on any topic? Doesnā€™t sound like the American dream. To say heā€™s not a genius highlights your bias in my opinion. He appointed those ā€œsmart peopleā€ in his companies to drive them (and the company) to unimaginable accomplishment. Maybe over optimistic for sure but without extremely high expectations most would just float by with ā€œgood enoughā€ see all other auto OEMā€™s for an example. We have a ā€œPlanā€ is far from a target. Furthermore, even you might agree IF a survey was bias, the negative is often the outspoken voice. See ā€œforum surveysā€ for example.
Free speech would include not banning journalists who are critical of you or your company, right?

He of course has rights to free speech. Just as advertisers have the right to leave when he endorses conspiracy theories or theories that put down and entire group of people and put them at risk.

But we should move Elon discussion here someplace else.

Last edited:
So if you own a company you have no rights to free speech or views on any topic? Doesnā€™t sound like the American dream. To say heā€™s not a genius highlights your bias in my opinion. He appointed those ā€œsmart peopleā€ in his companies to drive them (and the company) to unimaginable accomplishment. Maybe over optimistic for sure but without extremely high expectations most would just float by with ā€œgood enoughā€ see all other auto OEMā€™s for an example. We have a ā€œPlanā€ is far from a target.
I never said any of that. If you own the company your goal is to sell to everyone. Why do you want to alienate part of your target market? As Michael Jordan said: ""Republicans buy sneakers, too"

And yeah, he is not genius. He is smart and intelligent, but guy never invented anything, can't code himself out of paper bag. What he is really good at is picking people to work for him and then aligning whatever business he is in to some higher cause to motivate those people and market the product he is selling.

If you have started any business and have brought a product to market and are not deluding yourself by thinking it was all your genius that brought on success then you know that being in the right place at the right time with the right offering is crucial part of success without which success would not be possible. So yeah, he is smart, intelligent, but he is not genius on level of say Nikola Tesla, Einstein, Da Vinci, Bell or even Edison.

Reactions: dsm363
Yet via a survey of EV potential buyers Most were not influenced negatively in fact more stated his direction of free speech Motivated them to Buy a Tesla. My opinion.ā€¦. If he said Nothing about progress (event speculated) many would be up in arms that they donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. Every person no matter What their monetary value has a right to free speech and opinion. Welcome to America! Nobody has to Agree with another individualā€™s views but they have every right to express them. Another reason most wouldnā€™t move to China, Korea, etc. Again, Just My Opinion!View attachment 1006828
Spaceship man bad. He must be happy that the competition mostly sucks. Cybertruck competition doesn't though.

• Love
Reactions: Yelobird
Status
Not open for further replies.