Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Elon harming the future of Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The verge has a long and very consistent history as Elon haters. Try to find a positive Elon story they’ve done and you won’t find much. That said, I think the issue here was doxxing of Elon himself. So maybe your ok with doxxing as free speech as long as it’s Elon.
Uh, no. He banned many journalists, not just the Elon tracker handle. Banned some comedians who made fun of him. So not absolute free speech as he preaches. And that account only posted public information and only after flight was complete, not in flight. Also, it was again public information that anyone could track. So not the definition of doxxing.

1) It's public information
2) The information was published not in real time but after the flight was already done
3) It tracked his plane and any other plane with public information, not him personally.

You think banning journalists from his platform who are critical of him or his companies (not flight tracker since you have an issue with that) is promoting free speech?
Journalists are propaganda mouthpieces. They are not some upper echelons of integrity so as far as I am concerned they are just another social media user.

To answer thread title .... no, quite the opposite.
There was a large and growing percentage of investors and owners saying they'd potentially leave or never buy again because Elon was there 5 years ago even? What he's done has certainly put Tesla in a strong position. That's not the question. It's if the hate speech and other numerous issues, distractions...etc are starting to harm the Tesla brand.

Apple did ok after Jobs. No CEO is irreplaceable. Company might not be the same but Apple has managed to do ok too.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Journalists are propaganda mouthpieces. They are not some upper echelons of integrity so as far as I am concerned they are just another social media user.
Well, free speech is free speech when it's 'absolute' as he promised. So someone making fun of him should be allow, right?

And there is such a thing as serious journalism still. Not everything is some random blog. It's like you're saying Elon hasn't tweeted the things he has tweeted. He hasn't said the things he's said or done the things he's done.

Well, free speech is free speech when it's 'absolute' as he promised. So someone making fun of him should be allow, right?

And there is such a thing as serious journalism still. Not everything is some random blog. It's like you're saying Elon hasn't tweeted the things he has tweeted. He hasn't said the things he's said or done the things he's done.
I hope you don't buy the free speech schtick. See my note on him aligning his business with some higher cause. For Twitter that is free-speech. For Tesla that is climate change, for Space X that is civilization survival. He does not believe any of that.

As for serious journalism, that's gone and is thing of the past, if it ever actually existed.

I hope you don't buy the free speech schtick. See my note on him aligning his business with some higher cause. For Twitter that is free-speech. For Tesla that is climate change, for Space X that is civilization survival. He does not believe any of that.

As for serious journalism, that's gone and is thing of the past, if it ever actually existed.
If he says Twitter is all about absolute free speech and then doesn't follow through then he's not meeting his 'higher cause' then. He just took $19 billion and lite it on fire.

And blocking these accounts on Twitter has done very little.
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 3.57.09 PM.png

Please take a few seconds to think through what you’re trying to say…and then post…or not.
Might have be explain your post as it's not clear. What I wrote is pretty simple. He preaches 'absolute free speech' which for a private company, he has a lot of control over that. 'Free speech' is usually talked about when we are talking about the government restricting speech. And we all know there are limits to speech and just because someone can say something, doesn't mean they always should or that there will be no consequences. He has every right to tell Disney to go away and Disney has every right to advertise someplace else.

And he took a company that he overpaid $44 billion for and now it's worth around $19 billion by one estimate. So you're right, more than $19 billion wasted there. And the company has lost 80% of its advertisers. So an improvement you'd say? Take a few seconds to think through your answer.

Strong words (tossed aside) to use with just your suspicion. At best it hints at your conscious bias; at worst you’re overtly being a dick.
This should go without saying, but I post for comedy and entertainment. Nobody knows what a heck is going on or have been hanging with Elon to know his thinking and intentions. At best we can speculate, but we can also make a fun of it and be entertained.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
It may be stupid not to buy a Tesla because of Elon, but that is the way the world works and he seems oblivious to it.
Tesla is not and does not want to be any other company than Tesla. Tesla does Tesla and Elon does Elon. Some say they are oblivious and won't do what people want them to do. That's the wrong point of view and will always cause you frustration.

• Disagree
Reactions: bpobill
Purely political speaking, in theory, Tesla is in a very negative position:

1) Democratic Party voters hate Tesla because of … Elon
2) MAGA Party voters hate Tesla because of being an EV (**** the environment style, too “gay” etc.)

Yet, Tesla sells a ton of cars in America. Compared to other EV makers, not even close. IMHO it shows people vote with their wallets. ‘Nuff said

Purely political speaking, in theory, Tesla is in a very negative position:

1) Democratic Party voters hate Tesla because of … Elon
2) MAGA Party voters hate Tesla because of being an EV (**** the environment style, too “gay” etc.)

Yet, Tesla sells a ton of cars in America. Compared to other EV makers, not even close. IMHO it shows people vote with their wallets. ‘Nuff said
The only conclusion, given this info, is buying a Tesla has nothing to do with politics or hatred. Must be Tesla sells great cars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.