Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased vampire loss with updates?

Vampire losses observed overnight?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else seeing a lot of vampire loss overnight with the recent updates?

I'm observing 2-3% loss overnight. This is in moderate temperatures (50s) with power saving ON, always connected ON, preconditioning OFF. 2+ KWh seems like a LOT of power to keep the cellular radio on and the computers on standby.

I saw this kind of behavior before but it had gotten better until a month or so ago.

Is anyone else seeing a lot of vampire loss overnight with the recent updates?

I'm observing 2-3% loss overnight. This is in moderate temperatures (50s) with power saving ON, always connected ON, preconditioning OFF. 2+ KWh seems like a LOT of power to keep the cellular radio on and the computers on standby.

I saw this kind of behavior before but it had gotten better until a month or so ago.
~2% is normal.

revisiting this thread, I just returned from a trip and the car lost 8-10 mile per 24 hours while parked at the airport. I am not running anything that polls the cars, on 17.26.17. to me this level of loss is way too high and unacceptable.

Check your cabin overheat selection in settings. Depending on where you live, this can have a huge impact on losses while parked. After shutting mine off, I only lose ~2 miles in 24 hours, Arizona.