Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those notes say nothing about removing the 130 mph speed limitation on the P85D :-(

Elon's notes don't, which is a bit of a concern, however the op's screen grab is from a non-D, non-Autopilot car from December 2012.

So it is possible it may be in the p85D build, time will tell.

Considering it is Sunday March 29th, I'd expect to have the update before Wednesday, let's see how it goes.

Why, oh why do they have to force feed me Automatic Emergency Breaking? I don't want it, I don't trust it and want to permanently disable it. The sensors freak out far too often in snowy conditions for me to be comfortable using it. It seems crazy to me that they would enforce a feature like that immediately on release without letting us test it for a while as an option.

Why, oh why do they have to force feed me Automatic Emergency Breaking? I don't want it, I don't trust it and want to permanently disable it. The sensors freak out far too often in snowy conditions for me to be comfortable using it. It seems crazy to me that they would enforce a feature like that immediately on release without letting us test it for a while as an option.
It doesn't say "Beta" so my guess is that they thoroughly tested it already. The AEB seems to only activate when a collision is unavoidable, so it probably will not activate very often during day-to-day driving.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I've had the collision avoidance go off more times than I can count for absolutely nothing (unless I have ghost cars chasing me) and the regular radar sensors HATE the snow and slush... I can just ignore those, and accept it as a work in progress, but if this "feature" slams on the brakes in an ice storm in traffic, I'm going to go from Tesla lover directly to my attorney's office, do not pass go, do not collect $200...

I hope the outcry is loud enough this can just be "off". If the collision is unavoidable, that's why I bought the safest car in the world... let the accident happen. I don't want help.

Those new to firmware update process who have questions like: When am I going to get 6.2? Please visit this new wiki Firmware Update Process

Those grizzled vets and curmudgeons, please update/improve/correct WIKI...BUT, let's please STICK TO FACTS, AVOID JUDGEMENTS, AND KEEP TO ONE PAGE. If it becomes a book, all the type A owners will lose interest and just re-ask the questions in the release thread!

As a PSA, I may bump this post every dozen or so pages if the questions keep coming up.

How about we set up a poll as new software updates roll out, to keep the "I got it" and "I have not #$@%$#% gotten it!" comments down. If we set up a poll for ONLY confirmations (since you can't change your answer, right?) then we could break down what type of MS is getting the updates (P85D, 85D, "Classic" 85/60, etc.) and watch the progress that way to see if it stops/slows/ramps up.

How about we set up a poll as new software updates roll out, to keep the "I got it" and "I have not #$@%$#% gotten it!" comments down. If we set up a poll for ONLY confirmations (since you can't change your answer, right?) then we could break down what type of MS is getting the updates (P85D, 85D, "Classic" 85/60, etc.) and watch the progress that way to see if it stops/slows/ramps up.

That would work only if you could change your poll response when you got it, or have only one "I now have it" response. If you have a yes or no poll, anyone who answers no will never be able to show that it was upgraded.

I just want to know if 6.2 includes the inverter update Elon tweeted about that would make the P85D accelerate quicker (don't care about 155mph limit). Seems it may just be another one of "thinking out loud" tweets that never come into fruition.

I just want to know if 6.2 includes the inverter update Elon tweeted about that would make the P85D accelerate quicker (don't care about 155mph limit). Seems it may just be another one of "thinking out loud" tweets that never come into fruition.

Nothing in the release notes, but a fellow P85D owner stated he thought acceleration in the 30-90 range had improved.