Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup...noticed the same thing!

The speaker crackling (right channel issue with all "digital" sources) has definitely been fixed in 4.5.

Would you mind elaborating on this issue? I think I may have it. I've been experiencing an annoying sound from behind me (though it sounds more like behind the drivers side) and simply cannot figure out where it's coming from. Mostly happens when my source is the usb drive. It continues when I mute the sound system though. Could I be experiencing this?

It looks like 4.5 fixed or mostly fixed my touchscreen fan issue, contrary to what GG noted. When I first got in the car this afternoon (130°F interior temp) the fan was going 100% (sounds like a typical computer fan). After I ran air conditioning for awhile and got home, I parked, muted the sound system, and turned off the A/C, and the fan sound was noticably quieter than before. Slightly louder than I remembered it before...but not very. Could just be the fact that it's hotter outside now.

One more note on the update: the font for the 3G symbol was made smaller, and I think the icons up top may have shifted slightly. Perhaps to make room for a wi-fi icon soon?

One more note on the update: the font for the 3G symbol was made smaller, and I think the icons up top may have shifted slightly. Perhaps to make room for a wi-fi icon soon?

I mentioned the same thing to my wife, but wasn't sure I imagined it. The symbols shifted about 1/2" to the left.

I'm also 99% certain the bottom row dash numbers increased in size, and the day/date was added?

Nav bug is fixed. It properly restored the dashboard app I had on the left side of the dash prior to launching a nav. Even when stopping half way to the destination and shutting off the car.

Also, the Dolby Surround now makes the music sound better rather than worse. A least with FLAC sources and to my untrained ear.

the door handles have a delay now so that if you try and close it you can't open it for part of a second. that should take care of any delay related door openings
Also fixed is the range mode for climate control. If you have the seat heaters on and turn on and of the Climate control it doesn;t shut off the seat heaters anymore.

One little weirdness I noticed is that the "Recent Destinations" shows for each location the distance from your current location, but it seems to be "as the crow flies" as opposed to over the road. I noticed the distance to a couple of my past locations seemed a little light, and when I hit "Navigate" and it worked out the route, sure enough the mileage went up to where it should be. Something to watch out for if you use this to estimate your battery range.

Just went to my locked car to open the trunk - and noticed it now takes only one press on the handle to open, rather than the two or three. Nice!

Phhhpt. I just got 4.5 yesterday and noticed the same thing this morning. Unfortunately, that used to be how I'd unlock the car in the garage so I could remove the UMC cable when approaching the car from the rear. I'll have to look for a new ritual, presuming it still won't unlock automatically when pressing the cable release.