Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that the time on the phone recent calls as they appear on the main screen are not at the correct time. I'm on eastern time and the times shown are 3 hours ahead. So a call I placed at 10am shows as 1pm. I could swear it was not like this before. I have an iPhone 5

That would work too. I was thinking that everything is starting up when the car detects the key, but foot on the brake would be best.

- - - Updated - - -

That would work too. I was thinking that everything is starting up when the car detects the key, but foot on the brake would be best.

Given that the car knows when the doors are open, how about if it just waits until you close the door?

This is probably not really 4.2 related (as I think I noticed it while I briefly had 4.1) but, when I press the brake pedal for the first drive of the morning, I notice significant (hydraulic?) pressure as the pedal depresses. That's not the case the rest of the day. I don't have a problem with it but, is this expected?

This is probably not really 4.2 related (as I think I noticed it while I briefly had 4.1) but, when I press the brake pedal for the first drive of the morning, I notice significant (hydraulic?) pressure as the pedal depresses. That's not the case the rest of the day. I don't have a problem with it but, is this expected?

I suspect that would be due to the brake booster being powered down. There's a vacuum pump to power it, and it probably doesn't start pumping until you push the brake to turn on the car.

There might be a firmware reason why we didn't notice it at first... maybe it was part of the "vampire drain" on earlier firmware releases, and has now been shut down when the car is off.

It's cold here overnight and in the morning my regen is usually limited until the battery warms up. Could the difference in pressure be just the difference in braking with and without regen on fully? So you see the yellow lines on you speedometer when the pressure feels higher?

hans, this is actually before I've even started driving; and the car is not particularly cold either sitting inside a relatively warm garage. I've actually not seen the regen limited thus far.

Doug_g's theory sounds plausible. I take it that atleast some of you are experiencing the same?!

Homelink working much better since installing 4.2 upgrade

I am not positively certain, but it seems that my garage door opener in Homelink is working MUCH better since the 4.2 firmware upgrade. I used to have lots of problems with the garage door going up and down when using Homelink and trying to do something else in the car like changing seat positions or even just creeping in reverse. Now...it seems to be very stable and has been working great. I hope that part of the upgrade did something to make Homelink more dependable and that my impression is correct.

Yes this is new behavior for me as well. Not sure if it was 4.0 or 4.1 ... or perhaps the cold. 'cuz a couple times it hadn't lost pressure and I seem to recall those days being warmer than usual (well above freezing).

Just noticed that the time on the phone recent calls as they appear on the main screen are not at the correct time. I'm on eastern time and the times shown are 3 hours ahead. So a call I placed at 10am shows as 1pm. I could swear it was not like this before. I have an iPhone 5

Mine's been like that since day one, the call lists show all calls in Pacific time. A Service Ranger searched for a solution but there's no clock settings behind the diagnostics screens so that issue is hidden in the code somewhere. Tesla is aware of it as a bug, but I'm guessing it doesn't have any priority as no-one seems really bothered about it (I'm not).

I am not positively certain, but it seems that my garage door opener in Homelink is working MUCH better since the 4.2 firmware upgrade. I used to have lots of problems with the garage door going up and down when using Homelink and trying to do something else in the car like changing seat positions or even just creeping in reverse. Now...it seems to be very stable and has been working great. I hope that part of the upgrade did something to make Homelink more dependable and that my impression is correct.

Homelink was flawless for me from the day I got the car. Since 4.2, I've had a couple of occasions when I've had to press the button a second time.

Anybody have their driver's seat heater turn on everytime the door handles come out and then even if you turn it off, it comes back on when you put it in drive? I find that I am constantly having to turn it off. This is something I never noticed until I got 4.2.

Funny, I never had a single glitch with the Homelink under 4.0 or 4.1. It programmed the first time and has worked flawlessly ever since.
I was updated straight from 1.15.XX to 4.2 and have noticed that Homelink works most every time that I have used it. I am now paying attention to the results to see if it fails every now and then but have not seen it screw up yet. In the version prior to 4.2 it seldom worked properly.

I did see the issue someone else reported re: Google Maps sticking to the old setting when the display changes from night to day mode (or vice versa). It was pretty gloomy (and rainy) out today, so I got to see it happen a few times:

I've been noticing that too. I haven't done it yet, but I wonder if a reboot would fix it. Since the car is no longer going into deep sleep, it's not being rebooted all the time, and I wonder if this is an error that occurs after some time has passed or an uncommon event occurs to spawn the bug. I didn't notice it the last few days, but I've also been going home earlier to beat the traffic and haven't driven at night.

I did see the issue someone else reported re: Google Maps sticking to the old setting when the display changes from night to day mode (or vice versa). It was pretty gloomy (and rainy) out today, so I got to see it happen a few times:

I see it every day because of when I happen to leave in the morning. The switchover happens at the same time the auto lighting turns off (or on) because it goes from night to day (or day to night). I assume it's a caching issue. I suppose it is properly thought of as a bug, but it does manage to convey information about your drive and how the environment has changed.