Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a software update section in the service request part of the app. Does that try to initiate a tech visit/go to shop, or does it just trigger them to push the update? Don't want to be a pain in Tesla's ass but... I Want it...I want it really really bad. ;)
From what I've heard and from limited experience, it's at the Service Team's discretion. I believe they will only push the update if there is something wrong or buggy with the vehicle. From my experience, it does not trigger automatically.

• Helpful
Reactions: ibGeek
Went out to check my car. "Update available: Please connect to wifi to download the Software Update." while connected to my home wifi... Clicked to forget the network and typed in my credentials again and it started to download. Weird, but... woohoo!

connect_to_wifi.jpg

@zannman I too have an M3 with AP3 and have not yet gotten the update. It's been connected to WiFi all day and all night. It'd be interesting to drive to the Tesla store and see if that triggers it. I suspect it may just be anecdotal rather than Tesla having fancy different better WiFi.

how did you verify you had hw3? I know you can take a panel off and look at the computer but i’d rather not. I took delivery may 11 so i m assuming i’m hw3, and i haven’t gotten the updates either...

how did you verify you had hw3? I know you can take a panel off and look at the computer but i’d rather not. I took delivery may 11 so i m assuming i’m hw3, and i haven’t gotten the updates either...
If you install Tesla Control (free windows store app) and go to settings then click on the "i" button it will tell you everything about your car including your hardware version. Not sure if there is a mac version or not.

• Informative
Reactions: Federico
I also received 16.2 last night. Later in the rollout than normal for me!

Love the new driving visualization and sentry options.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in slacker 'loading errors' with this version? I rebooted after my commute this morning, so maybe that will help, but I'm curious if anyone else is seeing it.

I received an update a day or two ago - now on 2019.16.2 73d3f3c which includes the default activation of Sentry Mode (with some user defined exceptions), among other things. So far, so good. I live north of Seattle and have had my car since August 3rd of last year.

If you install Tesla Control (free windows store app) and go to settings then click on the "i" button it will tell you everything about your car including your hardware version. Not sure if there is a mac version or not.

But it can't tell you what AP hardware you have in a Model 3 since the API doesn't properly return that information at this time.

Reactions: hcdavis3